My guitar needs a polish. I've never polished one of my guitars before. Yes, I'm filthy
What do you guys recon I should use on the body and on the fingerboard, or what do you use? (not elbow grease!)

(I'm not sure if the polish used on the guitar should differ according to what wood(s) it is, but on the one that I want to polish the fingerboard is rosewood, the sides and back are mahogany and the top is cedar if that helps at all )

Thanks
I always use carnauba wax for the body, but nothing on the fretboard (my fingers almost take it off).
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
try martin guitar polish if a damp (not wet) cloth doesn't get the dirt off the body.

jwd724 - wouldn't carnauba wax cause buildup?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake

jwd724 - wouldn't carnauba wax cause buildup?

Maybe. It could be that I'm not using it properly (I wax the guitar a car, rubbing on and then off, about once a month).
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
For the fretboard, never use guitar polish. Use lemon or linseed oil. I'm partial to Smith Pro Guitar Polish. Best polish i've ever used and the bottle lasts forever!
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
ON the body (not the fretboard) I use Ernie Ball polish. It works great, doesn't smell bad, and somes with a nice big lint-free cloth, all for $5 on Amazon or Musician's Friend.