I just got an acoustic after 3 years of electric and on my electric I play with jd tortex yellows but they sound somewhat tinny so I was wondering what picks you guys use?
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

Quote by rushpython
This thread again

Indeed.

TS: I believe what you're looking for is the searchbar. To answer your question, a lot of UGers (primarily electric players) use Jazz IIIs. I personally use Star picks, which are gimmicky, but work. Then again, I'm primarily fingerstyle.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Who the hell cares about picks anyway? Use the ones that are comfortable for you. Sometimes i go crazy and use a pen or a bronze statuette as a pick. It doesn't ****ing matter as long as it's comfortable. Stop thinking about picks and go practice.
^Lol, nice rant.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Seriously. When in a bind I've even used a toothpick before. Just select the thickness you like best and don't worry about it too much.
Quote by rushpython

i just hate spam in my forum. warned.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
thicker picks or picks made from softer material will sound warmer. my husband plays with 2mm to 3mm picks, and they have a nice fat sound. i tend to use 1.5mm to 2mm picks for the same reason - and also 'cause they're easier to hold. the more a pick clicks on the strings, btw, the more the guitar sounds thin or tinny or bright when those picks are used.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
My plectrums are made from dried Jimi Hendrix ejaculate. If you can't find them in shops you can always make your own or ask somebody to make them for you.
Quote by patticake
thicker picks or picks made from softer material will sound warmer. my husband plays with 2mm to 3mm picks, and they have a nice fat sound. i tend to use 1.5mm to 2mm picks for the same reason - and also 'cause they're easier to hold. the more a pick clicks on the strings, btw, the more the guitar sounds thin or tinny or bright when those picks are used.

Thanks for about the only serious reply here i'll Give some thicker ones a try then
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

I use the same as my electrics a Medium purple Dunlop. Its the only thing I use.