Who honestly gives a fuck about a show where Amanda Holden judges the talents of others.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Oh god, that little bugger's still in it? They're all shit this year. Gay and Alan should have won.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Well obviously the show's rigged. Everyone knows the entirety of the UK is talentless.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
I suppose you could argue that this has happened with every modern artist signed up one of the big record labels, which bit are we supposed to be shocked at? The rigging of BGT (who gives a shit?) or Simon Cowell taking advantage of a kid to turn him into a pop song churning money machine?
Last edited by Ghefly at Jun 2, 2011,
And this is why I sit in my room and masturbate all day.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I don't care that much but why should I believe an anonymous guy on the internet?

It's mind-numbing TV in which I can just shout at people being crap, who cares if it's fixed anyway?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I don't care that much but why should I believe an anonymous guy on the internet?

It's mind-numbing TV in which I can just shout at people being crap, who cares if it's fixed anyway?

The peolpe who spend money to vote and the people who spend time and effort creating routines for the show. Just a thought...
I don't see the problem with them 'encouraging' talented people to audition for the show, they're still British people who have talent. I wouldn't say the voting is fixed. It just so happens people don't vote for women with talentless dogs.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Domino
I don't see the problem with them 'encouraging' talented people to audition for the show, they're still British people who have talent. I wouldn't say the voting is fixed. It just so happens people don't vote for women with talentless dogs.

Providing a car and already having them already signed a contract isn't just "encouraging" them to go. Yes they are British people with talent, however, if you're talented and make it through the auditions off your own work you'd be shunned for somebody who's already signed up and been invested in.

Clearly the show is just a massive deception of the British public to advertise the next big thing. I don't think that was in doubt even before this. Sadly this is what some people in the music industry think is okay.
Quote by Ghefly
The peolpe who spend money to vote and the people who spend time and effort creating routines for the show. Just a thought...

Touché.

Still hardly the most credible of sources given for this though.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by willT08
Providing a car and already having them already signed a contract isn't just "encouraging" them to go. Yes they are British people with talent, however, if you're talented and make it through the auditions off your own work you'd be shunned for somebody who's already signed up and been invested in.

Clearly the show is just a massive deception of the British public to advertise the next big thing. I don't think that was in doubt even before this. Sadly this is what some people in the music industry think is okay.

They've just been lucky enough to already be noticed by the producers of the show (or whoever). They shouldn't have to wait in line with people that may or may not be decent enough to win. They know these people have talent, so they're just saving time for everyone involved, including the other never before seen auditionees. The voting is still down to the public.
It doesn't take away from the talent that anyone who happens to enter by themself has, and it only makes it harder for these people to win if they happen to be worse than the invited people.
The kids good, but so are other people so he may not win, but at least he's getting his name and face out there.
I think people just love to begrudge.
~Domino?

Musics
Quote by Domino
They've just been lucky enough to already be noticed by the producers of the show (or whoever). They shouldn't have to wait in line with people that may or may not be decent enough to win. They know these people have talent, so they're just saving time for everyone involved, including the other never before seen auditionees. The voting is still down to the public.
It doesn't take away from the talent that anyone who happens to enter by themself has, and it only makes it harder for these people to win if they happen to be worse than the invited people.
The kids good, but so are other people so he may not win, but at least he's getting his name and face out there.
I think people just love to begrudge.

I don't mean this in a sarcastic way but did you actually read the e-mail? They can't rig the telephone votes themselves but they can pretty much do the next best thing which is advertise the crap out of him and basically ensure that he wins. I honestly couldn't really care less though, just think it's amazing how people still think there is any legitimacy left in this sort of thing.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Same shit every year. Yet people still get surprised by it.

It is awful because of the people that vote, maybe you could call them dumb I guess, but that's what entertainment does. Pulls people in. I for one never watch these shows. I can't stand the crappy sad music behind the stories (Which in turn is ironic for Simon Cowell as he once said he never liked the idea of hearing sad stories with sad music), but hey, controversy = attention.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Quote by isabiggles
I don't mean this in a sarcastic way but did you actually read the e-mail? They can't rig the telephone votes themselves but they can pretty much do the next best thing which is advertise the crap out of him and basically ensure that he wins. I honestly couldn't really care less though, just think it's amazing how people still think there is any legitimacy left in this sort of thing.

If he gets the most votes, he'll win, who cares if they found him beforehand?
I watch the show, he's not getting any more praise from the judges than any of the other acts, he's getting what he deserves. If he wins its because he's talented and cute and people like him. He's just lucky that they found him and made him go because he mightn't have done it himself.
Producers finding him first doesn't give him more talent or lower the other contestants abilities.
He's not being advertised more than the other contestants either, if anything this silly article is spreading his name more than the show has. From his first performance he's been one of the ones that stood out because of his voice, that's all down to his own ability. If he wins, he still wins because he is good and he deserves to.

This is like when people complain about people with albums auditioning for the X Factor. Who cares? They're still people who are good at things and that's why they do well.

Its not a coincidence that they don't put all the good contestants on for the same semi final, they obviously steer the results, but I really, really don't think its an issue. The person who wins will always be someone who deserves to

Quote by vacant_pistol
Same shit every year. Yet people still get surprised by it.

Exactly
Every year, with every one of these shows.
~Domino?

Musics
Last edited by Domino at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by Domino
I watch the show, he's not getting any more praise from the judges than any of the other acts, he's getting what he deserves. If he wins its because he's talented and cute and people like him. He's just lucky that they found him and made him go because he mightn't have done it himself.

He would not have won if SYCO hadn't gotten involved in his life. Also, they will easily just fix the voting so he wins, regardless of the public vote.
Quote by boreamor
He would not have won if SYCO hadn't gotten involved in his life. Also, they will easily just fix the voting so he wins, regardless of the public vote.

He wouldn't have won if he hadn't entered, same can be said for any of the contestants. The voting won't be fixed so he wins. There are other talented people in the competition too, they just wanted to get his face out there and they've done it. If he wins now, he deserves to

I don't know why people are so bitter about other people getting lucky breaks. It doesn't make you, or anyone else have less.

EDIT: Anyway, he may have decided to enter the competition if they hadn't found him first. If he did, he would still be the same talented little child and they would now be offering him contracts and stuff because he deserves it
~Domino?

Musics
Quote by Domino
Producers finding him first doesn't give him more talent or lower the other contestants abilities.
He's not being advertised more than the other contestants either, if anything this silly article is spreading his name more than the show has. From his first performance he's been one of the ones that stood out because of his voice, that's all down to his own ability. If he wins, he still wins because he is good and he deserves to.

This is like when people complain about people with albums auditioning for the X Factor. Who cares? They're still people who are good at things and that's why they do well.

Its not a coincidence that they don't put all the good contestants on for the same semi final, they obviously steer the results, but I really, really don't think its an issue. The person who wins will always be someone who deserves to

I still don't think you've read the e-mail. If you did you'd see that they'd been grooming him for two years beforehand and telling him exactly what to do. You'd see that they advertise him extremely well and essentially control him. I honestly couldn't care less if he wins, I just care that people are so easily tricked into thinking that he's winning because he's that good.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
I don't think you've actually read about this.

Not only are they forcing him into the public, they're forcing sexuality on to him and the contract he's got is quite horrifying in comparison to what a CHILD should get.

If you honestly see nothing wrong with what's happening then there's something wrong with you too. No kid should be a tug-of-war game for the corporations.
You're right, I havent read it because its the same shit every year. The parents signed the contract, so get mad at them.. not BGT.

EDIT: I read about half way through to the sexualisation part. You are being swayed by persuasive language. It says nowhere that this is in the contract. If anything the boy (who is clearly quite girly and camp) is just being encouraged to be himself.
I'm not going to read the rest because its clearly a load of bollocks, and it actually shocks me that anyone would waste time reading that, nevermind actually watching the show.
~Domino?

Musics
Pretty good read.

Quote by Domino
You're right, I havent read it because its the same shit every year. The parents signed the contract, so get mad at them.. not BGT.

People get angry at SYCO because of their willing to let them sign their son away. Of course, in reality it's just business to them and they won't give a shit either way, as with me.
If you read the email you would have realised the parents were unaware of how their child was being manipulated.

Essentially we should really be blaming the mass media for all the bullshit they promote about celebrity culture, but we don't cos they've got bucket loads of money.
Quote by Domino

EDIT: Anyway, he may have decided to enter the competition if they hadn't found him first. If he did, he would still be the same talented little child and they would now be offering him contracts and stuff because he deserves it

Except SYCO paid for singing lessons so he wouldn't be nearly as good.
Quote by willT08
Except SYCO paid for singing lessons so he wouldn't be nearly as good.

His talent is his talent. Not everybody has the potential to be that good. He obviously likes to sing, he would have improved with time/age anyway
~Domino?

Musics
I couldnt give a shit about any of it.

What I do find disturbing is that should he win BGT, he wont see any of that money, SYCO and his contract state that he has to repay them all the investment that they put into him, chances are he would still be in debt.

Thats ****ed up.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I don't understand why people watch that shit. It's probably the worst genre of television.
Quote by Trowzaa
Oh god, that little bugger's still in it? They're all shit this year. Gay and Alan should have won.

This. Gay and Alan are amazing, the only reason they won't get through is the fact that they look unusual. They are definitely the most talented on there this year.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by the_astronaut
Who honestly gives a fuck about a show where Amanda Holden judges the talents of others.

Oh God, this!!!

I cant stand BGT, XFactor, Dancing on Ice or any of that reality/competitative shite. Waste of my time. It's braindead entertainment for braindead people who will watch and believe any shit passed in front of them as ENTERTAINMENT.

/rant.
Quote by Minkaro
She's quite fit, so that's one reason to watch it <_<

Tru dat.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut

She is the worst judge there. She'll let anything through. Especially if it's a small child or a dog. If it's a small child or a dog she starts giggling and clapping her hands like a retarded, botoxed seal.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.