Page 1 of 2
im looking for an mp3 with 60+gb of memory. i dont care about the screen or movies because i only want it for music. any recommendations on what would be the cheapest to go for?

IM NOT INTERESTED IN APPLE PRODUCTS
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Just conform and buy a damn Ipod already, ya hipster~!
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Yeah I know you said no apple products. But I don't think i've really seen anything else with 60GB or more space.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
iPod Classic, 160Gb for just $250.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2

Other than that, I've got no clue.

AEDIT: Actually TS, look up Archos...just look it up.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jun 2, 2011,
The only real option besides an Ipod is a Zune. That's it. But Ipods are much easier to come by used for super cheap. Just fyi.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I would say a Creative, but I don't even know if they're around any more.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
iPod Vista.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Does anyone really even notice the difference in sound quality?
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
Does anyone really even notice the difference in sound quality?

I don't.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I've heard this from so many people. Then I saw they were listening to it on crappy standard iPod earphones.

This. It's like playing a 59 Gibson Les Paul through a Marshall MG. Even the best guitar will sound like utter crap through the worst speakers.
i had an ipod but it was too much hassle with itunes and the fact that it craps out and costs a load to get repaired
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Exactly, but some good headphones and then you can comment about "bad sounding apple products"
16gb Sansa Fuze with a 32Gb microSD card
It's only 48gb but it would be close to what you want, or you could buy multiple cards and carry them with you. I love my fuze, sounds great and cheaper than ipod.
Plus the fuze is just plug and play. It works like a flash drive, no software required and you can put any mp3 on it.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Hassle with iTunes? I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

You changed your avatar!
Wtf is that?

And yeh, itunes can be bitchy sometimes.
Cowon x7. 160GB for less than $300, and better sound quality than pretty much anything you can buy.

Quote by Baby Joel
This. It's like playing a 59 Gibson Les Paul through a Marshall MG. Even the best guitar will sound like utter crap through the worst speakers.

Except it's not. It's like playing an Epi Les Paul Special II through a Marshall MG. iPods do have bad sound quality, but most people don't give a shit.
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by Robbo639
what headphones are good headphones ?

Sennheiser HD800

If you can afford it that is
Quote by opc100

Except it's not. It's like playing an Epi Les Paul Special II through a Marshall MG. iPods do have bad sound quality, but most people don't give a shit.

Except it's not that bad and there's way worse out there. MOST of the complaining is just people who still use the apple earplugs and sport 128 kbps mp3's.

Quote by ethan_hanus
Get a Zune, I've had mine for over 4 years, and it still works like brand new, sounds great, and you can put a lot more songs on them because the MP3 format uses less memory than the Apple format, and somehow sounds better.

M4a doesn't take up that much more space than 320 kbps mp3, and the iPod CAN play mp3's.....
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
TS came to the wrong site.

Anything But iPod

Head Fi

The old non-HD zunes would be good for you; the 80gb's are cheap on ebay.

Personally i'd get a Cowon J3 and whack in a 32gb microsd 'cos the Zune doesn't support formats i use and doesn't have an EQ.
Quote by opc100
Cowon x7. 160GB for less than $300, and better sound quality than pretty much anything you can buy.

You are either trying extremely hard to find fault with an otherwise fine product or being a hipster. Me and my bro have been through some iPods and Creative, and I've tested some of the Sony ones, and it's all more or less the same.
Quote by Slicer666
Except it's not that bad and there's way worse out there. MOST of the complaining is just people who still use the apple earplugs and sport 128 kbps mp3's.

M4a doesn't take up that much more space than 320 kbps mp3, and the iPod CAN play mp3's.....

Well, I had a Ipod nano with 4 gigs, and it could only hold like...at most 300 songs, got my Zune that has 4 gigs, and it can hold over 400 songs and several music videos.

I'm just sayen, Zune makes better use of storage space, Apple has all that copyright protection crap on their stuff.
Quote by Slicer666

It is quite bad though, at least I find them very bad. Every iPod I've listened just sounds mushy. Maybe it's because I've been spoilt with beautiful Cowon sound quality, but that's how I see hear it.

Quote by Vitor_vdp
You are either trying extremely hard to find fault with an otherwise fine product or being a hipster. Me and my bro have been through some iPods and Creative, and I've tested some of the Sony ones, and it's all more or less the same.

I'm being nit picky, of course I am. But that's because if someone's spending £100+ on a product with the primary function of listening to music, then they should get the best sound quality they can. Sony and Creative are just as bad. Try a Cowon or an S:Flo and you'll never listen to an iPod again.
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, I had a Ipod nano with 4 gigs, and it could only hold like...at most 300 songs, got my Zune that has 4 gigs, and it can hold over 400 songs and several music videos.

I'm just sayen, Zune makes better use of storage space, Apple has all that copyright protection crap on their stuff.

Since when did you get the music from the itunes store?

Just use your own MP3 or rip 'em off of CD's, less space (if you care) but do know that m4a is lossless and mp3 is not.

Quote by opc100
It is quite bad though, at least I find them very bad. Every iPod I've listened just sounds mushy. Maybe it's because I've been spoilt with beautiful Cowon sound quality, but that's how I see hear it.

Currently sporting iPod Classic + lossless audiofiles -> Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms, I'm far from complaining.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Sansa Fuze is another good choice ( I had one before my ipod) but Sansa's have a tendency to get messed up in the headphone input. I've had 3 different Sansa's and all of them broke eventually.

Ipods aren't bad quality you just have something against Apple. Itunes doesn't have any issues.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Nomack
Just conform and buy a damn Ipod already, ya hipster~!

So now not owning Apple stuff makes you a hipster???

Interesting.. I must be the most hipster of us all

Creative's stuff is great TS, I've had a 30GB Zen for the last four years.
Never had any problems.

Zune's are good too.

Check out archos stuff too.

Or just buy a cheapish decent touch screen android phone.. sim free.
Don't bother putting a sim card in it.. and stick a giant sd card in. One of
my friends did that and he likes it.

Sound formats are well defined standards.. and an ITouch playing an mp3 file sounds no different to an mp3 played through the same headphones on any other device... it's the garbage headphones people use.
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Ice Master at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by opc100

I'm being nit picky, of course I am. But that's because if someone's spending £100+ on a product with the primary function of listening to music, then they should get the best sound quality they can. Sony and Creative are just as bad. Try a Cowon or an S:Flo and you'll never listen to an iPod again.

What headphones were you using with these iPods though?
Quote by Slicer666
Since when did you get the music from the itunes store?

Just use your own MP3 or rip 'em off of CD's, less space (if you care) but do know that m4a is lossless and mp3 is not.

Currently sporting iPod Classic + lossless audiofiles -> Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms, I'm far from complaining.

I did, I've never bought anything from the Ipod store, when Itunes converts the MP3's to the apple format, it takes up more memory, cause it has to add that copyright crap to the song so you can't use it with anything else.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
What headphones were you using with these iPods though?

Sennhesier HD238s and Phonak Audeo PFE112s.
hello
Quote by opc100
Sennhesier HD238s and Phonak Audeo PFE112s.

Phonak PFE's ftw
Page 1 of 2