Ok so I recently dropped my garminfone in a cup of beer, and now the wifi doesn't work. The call speaker is on and off but the speaker phone stills works.. Anyway now I'm looking to buy a used phone on CL or something but don't know what to get. All I want is wifi (without having to download an app for it) and it be moderately cool and pretty cheap around 150 usd or so. So pit, can you help me out?

Edit:

Or another relatively small device that picks up a wifi connection as I don't necessarily NEED the phone part right now, as mine IS still functioning on a basic level.

Again I am on a budget of about 150, I WILL be buying used, I will go a bit higher if it's worth it though.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Last edited by brandon2784 at Jun 2, 2011,
iPhone 4S
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
I'd recommend an LG personally.
Cheap and reliable enough.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by kadinh
iPhone 4S

Did you even read the post?

Quote by Nameless742
I'd recommend an LG personally.
Cheap and reliable enough.

I'll look into them. Can I get a phone under a different provider as long as I do the sim switch?
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Last edited by brandon2784 at Jun 2, 2011,
Boost Mobile
Blackberry Curve 8530
Its 179 but its worth it for what you want.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
env 3. it got the job done for me.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by Marius_08
Nokia 3330

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by andre232
PSP or used ipod touch

Ipod touch gets wifi?!?!? Is it a reasonable speed?

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by brandon2784
Ipod touch gets wifi?!?!? Is it a reasonable speed?

Of course it does, it's just an iPhone without the phone, especially the 4th generation. And the speed is fine.
Quote by Alex Vik
Of course it does, it's just an iPhone without the phone, especially the 4th generation. And the speed is fine.

Ok thanks, I think that's what I'll do. Just one more Q though, about how much would a decent 4th gen cost? Because I'm looking on CL and am seeing some for as low as 50 but it seems to good to be true. Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm not very good with this whole thing and don't want to get ripped off.

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Motorola DynaTAC 8000x
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Motorola DynaTAC 8000x

Cmon man..

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

HTC wildfire or LG optimus are 2 good ones, that tend to go relatively cheap for used or refurbished.
i got my iphone 3g for £150 2 years ago. i've used it daily and frequently ever since.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by brandon2784

Seriously, you can get it for $10 and you won't have a problem with it in your whole life.
Run towards the light exposing your soul.
Quote by Marius_08
Seriously, you can get it for $10 and you won't have a problem with it in your whole life.

Yeah, but I've decided that I want a small device mostly for internet access instead, and will just keep my existing phone.

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by brandon2784
Yeah, but I've decided that I want a small device mostly for internet access instead, and will just keep my existing phone.

get the phone he said, and buy a handheld internet device.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez