Hey guys I've abandoned hopes of getting a bugera, the local dealers themselves say they're shit for reliability, but I've found a Marshall jvm215c used for £580, but I've also found the orange th30 great, which is for £550, and also the peavey 6505+ for£450. Which would you suggest or what others should I consider? And show your working. Just to clarify, I'm playing teh br00tz. Thanks.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by Tom 1.0

Why?
Quote by Cracked.com
its the cheapest and you only want br00tz.

its a br00tz amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Sorry, I should have said that I mainly play br00tz, but I play some of everything else.
Quote by Cracked.com
6505 still,

the th30 is a bit too fizzy for brootz, despite a great clean channel.

the jvm is just under whelming.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'd probably go for the 6505+, not a huge fan of the JVMs and I'm not sure the Orange would be the best choice for what you play. I'm assuming the 6505+ is the combo, so it's not going to be as good as the head, but I'm sure you could upgrade the speaker in it to a V30, at some point, and have a pretty badass amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Mainly brootz - 6505 is the def choice. The 4 channel JVMs seem to have a better overall tone to the newer 2 channels.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
5150 or 6505 (and II/+), XXX or JSX.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

6505, and if you really hate the cleans, get a dedicated clean amp later.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Just want to throw out there, I've heard that the TH30 is really versatile. It's also switchable between 15W/30W and I think 7W too... if you want/need that for whatever reason. 6505 are LOUD amps.

I would say the 6505 for straight br00tz, but I wouldn't throw out the TH30 if you like it (sounds like you've played it?) just because a 6505 is the amp for br00tz.
Quote by ChrisBW
Just want to throw out there, I've heard that the TH30 is really versatile. It's also switchable between 15W/30W and I think 7W too... if you want/need that for whatever reason. 6505 are LOUD amps.

I would say the 6505 for straight br00tz, but I wouldn't throw out the TH30 if you like it (sounds like you've played it?) just because a 6505 is the amp for br00tz.

Yeah, I've tried all three, and I just preferred the orange. Im just wondering about the pros and cons of all three.
Quote by Cracked.com
Quote by dtmaiden
Yeah, I've tried all three, and I just preferred the orange. Im just wondering about the pros and cons of all three.

If you prefer the Orange than you should get the Orange.
Quote by dtmaiden
Man, if you like the Orange, get the Orange. They're all well built amps. I'm not a big fan of the JVM in terms of sound but I can see the appeal. The 6505 is the band wagon recommendation for heavy stuff because it's tight, punchy, and has a lot of gain on tap, but if you prefer the sound of the Orange, then just go with it. It's different, but it sounds good.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I've had my shite quality bugera for nearly a year with zero problems so...
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
I've had my shite quality bugera for nearly a year with zero problems so...

Don't tell me, it's that the shop that won't get it in, the guy on the counter said that.

So I'm getting the orange. Thanks everybody, it's taken me 6 months to decide, and this'll do it all.
Cheers guys, you've done it again.
Quote by Cracked.com
The Orange is a great amp. With the ability to switch from 7w to 15w and 30w and a fine sounding drive channel and decent cleans I have never had a problem. Although it has a loop I usually run everything straight into the front and it handles it all well.

It's been great in rehearsals through to 1000 capacity venues and records well, too.
The Marshall is a bot Marmite.... not a terrible amp but not their best. 6505's tend to be great for overdriven filth but I have never been a fan of the cleans.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Ok, from this I've scrapped the jvm and 6505+. So, what does everyone think of the blackstar ht club 40? I'm headed down to the local shop on Saturday, and they've got both the blackstar and the orange, and I've been recommended the blackstar by my guitar teacher. Any problems with either, and pros and cons of both. Thanks.
Quote by Cracked.com
Quote by dtmaiden
Ok, from this I've scrapped the jvm and 6505+. So, what does everyone think of the blackstar ht club 40? I'm headed down to the local shop on Saturday, and they've got both the blackstar and the orange, and I've been recommended the blackstar by my guitar teacher. Any problems with either, and pros and cons of both. Thanks.

The Blackstar is a pretty nice amp, but I could never reccommend it over the Orange.
I may be biased but I'd go with the Orange. I haven't played through the Blackstar (yet) but from what I have heard of it.... it's good but the TH30's better. More range, better dynamics and more flexibility.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
The Blackstar is a pretty nice amp, but I could never reccommend it over the Orange.

I am of the same opinion.
Try before you buy, the TH30 is dark and fuzzy, good for sludge, classic metal, bit of thrash, with an OD it can get tighter, even more so with a proper EQ. But it doesnt do any bullet emo whinge 100 notes per second jazz.
Quote by ChrisBW
I am of the same opinion.

Haha I asked the same thing over at hc, and they all said go for the blackstar.

Quote by beckyjc
Try before you buy, the TH30 is dark and fuzzy, good for sludge, classic metal, bit of thrash, with an OD it can get tighter, even more so with a proper EQ. But it doesnt do any bullet emo whinge 100 notes per second jazz.

good, its not likely imma play that shit any time soon. Also becky I've read your review of the orange about five times on about five different sites, and kept thinking it's a different one. It was helpful the first time though, so thanks. And if an OD and EQ can get it tighter, all the better.

Also, would you be able to play much mastodon through the orange?
Quote by Cracked.com
Quote by dtmaiden
Haha I asked the same thing over at hc, and they all said go for the blackstar.

good, its not likely imma play that shit any time soon. Also becky I've read your review of the orange about five times on about five different sites, and kept thinking it's a different one. It was helpful the first time though, so thanks. And if an OD and EQ can get it tighter, all the better.

Also, would you be able to play much mastodon through the orange?

Which sites? :s

And your welcome.

It should do mastodon fine.
Quote by beckyjc
Which sites? :s

And your welcome.

It should do mastodon fine.

Your site, this site, the orange forum and YouTube. The video demo was pretty cool too, so thanks for that too.

And excellent. I'm lovin me some sludge.
Quote by Cracked.com
Hey I've found the Marshall dsl 401 to be in my price range and similar sorta specs. Would you suggest the orange or the dsl? Thanks.
Quote by Cracked.com
Brootz is really heavy stuff. Think breakdowns from lamb of god, and that really heavy bit from the glass prison.
Quote by Cracked.com
Cheers for the explanation. I'm so out of date I think I might retreat under a rock

PS Just checked out some LoG on Spotify to bring meself up to date... Excellent guitar, I think the singer might have had a sore throat though
Last edited by AshersUK at Jun 16, 2011,
Haha yeah, I'm surprised he hasn't destroyed his voice yet
Quote by Cracked.com