Listen on YouTube (be sure to listen in 720p HD)

Hey people. I haven't been around on Ultimate-Guitar in a long time because all the questions I have are now answered by my guitar teacher. But here is my new instrumental (as a sidenote, it's my first published electric instrumental - but please don't let that scare you off)

Tools used:
- My electric guitar (ESP LTD MH-401)
- Line 6 Pod Studio UX1
- Pod Farm 1
- REAPER
- EZDrummer with Drumkit From Hell (Had to use a drum machine, because I do not have access to a drummer.)

And no, I didn't make that picture. The picture I used is The Grand Battle by TravisRA: http://travisra.deviantart.com/art/The-Grand-Battle-150624942
Last edited by robbit10 at Jun 2, 2011,
I liked it, but I think it would probably work better as a song with vocal than an instrumental. I wasn't overly keen on your tone either.
@funerallllllll:
Thanks ^^

@robhc:
A song with vocals, eh? Thanks! Maybe i'll give it a go.
About my tone.. which tone do you mean? The power chords or the lead/solo? And any tips on how to improve it? I'm using a Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 with the Pod Farm amp modelling software and an ESP LTD MH-401 guitar.
Quote by robbit10
@robhc:
A song with vocals, eh? Thanks! Maybe i'll give it a go.
About my tone.. which tone do you mean? The power chords or the lead/solo? And any tips on how to improve it? I'm using a Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 with the Pod Farm amp modelling software and an ESP LTD MH-401 guitar.

Your rhythm tone ie. your power chords mainly. It sounded very muddy IMO. Try decreasing your gain, and put an EQ in near then end of your chain. I'd probably try similar with your lead tone as well. Your lead tone was better, though could still use some tweaking.
BRO i loved the tone, but to be honest, the drums are nothing spectacular
try and spend a little more time structuring your rhythm guitar chord progression, and maybe throw in some chugging in your main riffs so that it doesn't get too repetitive
still, i totally respect the folk/scandinavian sound your trying to get.

other than that, your sound and playing was awesome and you mixed it pretty well
C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27332486#post27332486
me and my friend started a project called EPIC METAL TIME!