Hello. I m new to your forum and glad i find you. My english suck so i ll try my best ( you can laugh no problem i laugh too sometimes lol). I M Nikos from greece. i Bought THe ESP EC-1000 in silverburst before 2 days. I usually play through m-audio soundcard using software like guitar rig 4 or amplitube. THe weird thing is that i had sucky distortion which is weird for EMG Pickups compared to my old passive pickups. I changed the battery and it fixed the problem. 2 days later i have the same problem. I changed the battery again and sound is ok again but its weird to change 2 batteries ( if i count the stock one its 3) in 2 days... They all talking about keeping EMg battery for months so thats weird.. I hope you help me ty
Last edited by Nikos21 at Jun 2, 2011,
Are you unplugging the guitar after you are done playing?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess

i Forgot it for 4-5 hours but still they keep it for months that means that if i played 4-5 hours it would still drain so its not normal. THanks for your reply. Forgot to mention that it goes Low when i plug it to the soundcard. In my AMp its still have the same power. So my problem mainly is that it drains so fast when its on the Usb soundcard
Last edited by Nikos21 at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by DamagingExcess

thanks for the reply m8 apprriciate it. Problem fixed it was the stupid cable. ty
Lol no problem. I didn't really help but I'm glad you found out what's wrong
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
glad you found the problem!
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
One thing to note when trying to record via a direct input from a guitar with EMGs is they have a very high output plus a bit of internal clipping. In other words, the distortion might be due to the EMGs driving the input too hard. Does the M-Audio interface have it's own gain? You might want to turn that down.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212