A new track I've just come up with. Improvised lines that got a little out of control. Let me know what you think of the tones and the playing and leave me a link to the stuff you'd like me to check out.

profile.ultimate-guitar.com/hitman_47
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Definitely sounds tribal from the very beginning. Interesting style! Has a very contemporary feel, very jazzy throughout. Impressive improv my friend! The groove at 2 minutes is tight. When you speed up, your playing reminds me a lot of Frank Zappa. Keep up the good work!
That was different, that's for sure. I like the tone, it's a pretty good jazz/blues tone. As for the improv, I felt like you were trying a little bit too hard and not just letting it flow naturally, I didn't really get a feel for where you were trying to go with the song, it's just kinda, random. I think maybe you should slow it down a bit and try not to play too fast, speed is not everything, most times dynamics can make more of an impact.

Nevertheless, pretty good improv.

Thanks for the crit
Just listened to "Tribal Monkeys."

Damn, this is pretty good. I love the cool, melancholy vibe you captured throughout. My only criticism is that perhaps on the faster parts, some of the notes just sound a little "dirty" - not necessarily a bad thing, not sure if it's intentional, and I'm not saying I'm any better.

But all in all, I really enjoyed the track.

If you could crit my track, it'd be much appreciated. It's kind of metal sounding so I'm not sure if it would be your cup of tea, but I would definitely appreciate any sort of criticism you have to offer me.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448012

Thanks
These dudes criticising your fast runs have legit points, but like I said I still dig it. Reminds me of frank Zappa or John Mayer. Rock on
Thanks for the crit guys, you're right, some of the faster licks need a little bit more to them. Ironically, my fingers froze cause I was feeling the moment a little too much and in the heat of the moment I was a little to rough on the guitar :p. If I'd calmed down a little, I'd have nailed those runs.

Thanks a lot for the amazing comments!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Hey dude, thanks for your crit!

This one is really interesting, not really something I'd normally listen to but I still try to crit it as good as I can.

The drums get a bit enoying over the time, I'd maybe make them a bit quieter (maybe it's just my headphones since I don't have my monitors with me right now) or the guitars louders. Your playing sounds a bit sloppy sometimes but tone wise you got something really nice here.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."