http://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Professional-RPM8-8--Active-Studio-Monitor-583108-i1470754.gc

im looking at these but cant find any reviews really, and they seem to be having a good sale on them.

I was also looking at the tannoy i forget what they are called but they are about 170 each or so.

Basically im just looking to get some monitors to use with my UX1, i get amazing sounds through my headphones but i have poop speakers.

My budget is 300-350 for a pair.

Thanks!
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
Thats really not very helpful info at all.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Its true though. I have the Rokit 6's, they are awesome. I bought them over the fives because the 6's can push out more than enough bass for a home studio, where as Rokit 5's sounds without bass, even equed to have the bass really high. Save up for the rokit 6's.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

hey guys i think i might get those 6's you guys are talking about. WIll these sound as good or better for playing / recording guitar through then my 130$ shure headphones? because thats what im aiming for. joe
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Don't buy behringer monitors i've got some and while they are ok they are built like shit and my volume pot has gone dodgy on it and stops like the right or left side working randomly.. thought i'd learn my lesson with behringer, you get what you pay for though.
ok thanx man right now im playing through some logitech speakers that were like 50$ or so and when i play like a solo the high notes just die and i never get any sustain. Im pumped looking forward to these. thanx alot
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
I have a pioneer 150 watt home entertianment reciever hooked to my pc coupled with 2 big column speakers and a yamaha subwoofer. Im shure you could find the exact setup used for cheap
Quote by dlowe102
I have a pioneer 150 watt home entertianment reciever hooked to my pc coupled with 2 big column speakers and a yamaha subwoofer. Im shure you could find the exact setup used for cheap

studio monitors are completely different then stereo speakers.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by RetroBasement
ok thanx man right now im playing through some logitech speakers that were like 50$ or so and when i play like a solo the high notes just die and i never get any sustain. Im pumped looking forward to these. thanx alot

?? I think i may have possibly become slightly confused.. ??

What is it you need/want these for exactly?
playing through and recording at home.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Ok,

i have never heard of speakers cutting off sustain before, If it's going in it should be coming back out. Just don't want to see you spend a lot of cash to fix something that won't fix it. In the least they will be better for mixing properly though with recording.

I don't think i have ever played only through monitors which it sounds like your doing,
i have monitored my playing/singing through amps / mics / pa with them and never had sustain problems.
Im saying when i play through my crap speakers bought from walmart they sound like ass compared to my headphones. Im sure these will sound great for playing guitar and such, but idk if im wrong ill just send them back.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Quote by AcousticMirror
studio monitors are completely different then stereo speakers.

yes i know that...But my set up does exactly what he is wanting and im pretty shure my column speakers and sub pumps out the sounds the way he is wanting them far better than some studio monitors
Quote by dlowe102
yes i know that...But my set up does exactly what he is wanting and im pretty shure my column speakers and sub pumps out the sounds the way he is wanting them far better than some studio monitors

I think not.
Quote by dlowe102

no.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
no.

simply put.. yet true:p

i think he may be confusing them sounding better than actually functioning as monitors. monitors should accurately replicate the sounds that have been recorded so you can edit it them precisely, whereas most hi fi speakers add a ton of bass which make it sound bigger and often better yet are near useless for mixing
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Quote by josh_salty
simply put.. yet true:p

i think he may be confusing them sounding better than actually functioning as monitors. monitors should accurately replicate the sounds that have been recorded so you can edit it them precisely, whereas most hi fi speakers add a ton of bass which make it sound bigger and often better yet are near useless for mixing

Yes i know BUT he is wanting them to play guitar through them not for studio mixing...if i understood correctly..I use my set up for just playing
he wants to use them for guitar and recording
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣