Page 1 of 2
I got home with my mom a little bit ago and my stepdad informed us that he found one our cats dead in our backyard. She had been gone for a few days, so we wondered where she was.
I am very sad inside, but since this was the third cat in my lifetime that I've had die, it wasn't too much of a surprise.
Have any of you had a pet that you loved that you lost, or is still with you? I have my dog and my other cat now, and he'll be getting double the love now.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
I had a constipated rabbit, don't know why my parents couldn't give me a normal one. I was happy when it died as I didn't have to snip anymore shit covered fur from around it's anus.

TL;DR Had constipated rabbit, happy it died.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
i've had a number of hamsters over the 4 few years. hamsters live about 2 years. pretty self explanatory. i also lost a few birds back when i was young, but we still have one bird left (we've had her for 22 years by the way). but luckily she should still have another 10 or 15 more years to go. that's the great thing about parrots: they live for forever, some of the larger ones for over 60 years.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm sorry man
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
did...did you eat it?
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Quote by robbo546hall
I had a constipated rabbit, don't know why my parents couldn't give me a normal one. I was happy when it died as I didn't have to snip anymore shit covered fur from around it's anus.

TL;DR Had constipated rabbit, happy it died.

you are evil, may I kill you for fun?
We had to have one of my cats put to sleep a year ago and it was one of the saddest days of my life. It's still extremely hard to look back on. I don't think people who don't have pets can appreciate what a huge impact then can have on peoples' lives. It's like losing a part of the family.

Sorry to hear about your cat TS
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
I have a kitty his name is Bear. When I was a freshman in college, he ran away from home to find me because I was gone so much. He had been missing for like a month. I cried like a baby. Then my mom called me and told me he came home. I immediately came home and had to take him to the vet because he lost so much weight and he was gone so long. But he is still alive and kicking. He is actually next to me sleeping right now. Love him.

I'm sorry about your cat though. Pets are very precious to their owners. They are just like family.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

This is appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VXjFzWIgE

All Dead All Dead by Queen. Brian May wrote it when his childhood cat passed away.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
That sucks, sorry to hear it.

We had two cats when I was younger, and one got hit by a car. I remember my parents sitting us down and telling us. I cried for days. Still miss that cat. We had to give the other away because it got lonely, too

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Thanks guys. I put the first cat I'd ever had to sleep when I was 12, she was 14. I love all of my kitties. It's funny, I actually wrote lyrics for a song today about how I couldn't find her and I worried for her safety.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
I have a cat that I raised from week 2 of her life. I was 5. I'm now 18 and she is now 13... We have been inseparable for all these years. It pains me to know she's only got a few years left in her...
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
She didn't really die naturally, the evidence we have of how/where she was, we're guessing that she ate a mouse that had eaten poison because my neighbor put out poison in a few spots around his trailer to keep rats out. So she just crawled into a spot and went. But I'm glad we at least know what happened now.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
We've had three of our cats die, one got run over by a truck, and the other two died of organ failures. One of them we only had for a year because we got him from a rescue center. The other one we'd had since I was born, and she died when I was 16. That one was pretty horrible. Sorry for your loss
Call me Matthew.
I've lost a few pets. I lost two cocker spaniels when I was younger, we unknowingly had alot of ticks and one of them died from blood loss (according to my parents, when the doctor sprayed the dog it was like an ocean of ticks came crawling off it's body). Then the other one died because while giving the dog a haircut my dad accidentally cut the dogs stomach, which a few months later caused the dogs death due to infection.
Then I lost a german shepherd who died because...I forgot what it was called, but she had too many litters of puppies which kinda ruined her.
Right now I have a dog, she's 13+ years old (I grew up with her), she has alot of joint pain but she is still relatively healthy. I know when I lose her it will hurt way more then the others since she's been with me for over 13 years.

TL;DR
Yes.
Quote by Colgate Total
I have my girlfriend's Facebook password. Which means she clicked "Remember Password" when she logged in on my laptop. Which means this is a test. That bitch.
I had a cat die recently. Not a funny story I hear you think to yourself quietly. Wrong.

So, one night as I'm trying to sleep, I hear a loud "BAAAAAAAW" from outside. I haven't a clue what it is but it sounds almost human. Worried, but very tired, I fall asleep.

This persists for a couple of weeks without fail, never knowing what the source of the sound is, until....that day. My family and I are sat in our lounge watching TV when my cat called Dwayne (named after Dwayne Dibbley of Red Dwarf) walks into the middle of the room, screams "BAAAAAAW" like a small child whilst his whole body freezes. Once the screaming has stopped, his body remains frozen whilst he uncontrollably pisses and cums all over the floor.

This then continues for a few days, the constant cycle of relentless screaming and unstoppable ejaculation. We decide at this point that it's not going to go away and he really needs to see a Veterinarian. My Step-Dad, who is the most emotionally invested in the cat, takes him along with my mother.

On his return, tears are streaming from his eyes as he explains "The vet said he has to be put down before he infects our other cat Dibble". A grown man, distraught at the fate of his beloved cat, weeps for about half an hour before he has to leave.

At this point, me and my brother are left alone with the cat. He is locked in a cage and appears to be sleeping so me and my brother go off to do other things. About 10 minutes later we hear the familiar, humanistic "BAAAAAAW" but this time we hear violent thrashing around in the cage as it smashes against a wall. We run to the kitchen where the cat was being held to find Dwayne fitting on the floor, violently flailing his body, covered in his own urine and semen. My brother, unable to look at the cat in such a helpless state, covers the cat over with a towel, whispers "Goodbye Dwayne, we'll miss you..." and then stamps on the cat's head until the screaming stops. We then throw the cat's headless body into the bin outside and clean our floor of the poor feline's blood. We tell our Step-Dad that the cat ran away to save him the misery of having the cat put down.
In the words of a witty UGer

"My cat died just to piss me off, but jokes on him because I didn't care if he died or not."

Serious note: Sorry for your loss TS.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
2 of my dogs have died. One was really old, and we had to put him down when we moved. The other got bladder cancer, and we had to put her down cuz of the suffering she was in. But you learn to move on. You get other pets, while still remembering your former furry companions.

Quote by willT08
I had a cat die recently. Not a funny story I hear you think to yourself quietly. Wrong.

So, one night as I'm trying to sleep, I hear a loud "BAAAAAAAW" from outside. I haven't a clue what it is but it sounds almost human. Worried, but very tired, I fall asleep.

This persists for a couple of weeks without fail, never knowing what the source of the sound is, until....that day. My family and I are sat in our lounge watching TV when my cat called Dwayne (named after Dwayne Dibbley of Red Dwarf) walks into the middle of the room, screams "BAAAAAAW" like a small child whilst his whole body freezes. Once the screaming has stopped, his body remains frozen whilst he uncontrollably pisses and cums all over the floor.

This then continues for a few days, the constant cycle of relentless screaming and unstoppable ejaculation. We decide at this point that it's not going to go away and he really needs to see a Veterinarian. My Step-Dad, who is the most emotionally invested in the cat, takes him along with my mother.

On his return, tears are streaming from his eyes as he explains "The vet said he has to be put down before he infects our other cat Dibble". A grown man, distraught at the fate of his beloved cat, weeps for about half an hour before he has to leave.

At this point, me and my brother are left alone with the cat. He is locked in a cage and appears to be sleeping so me and my brother go off to do other things. About 10 minutes later we hear the familiar, humanistic "BAAAAAAW" but this time we hear violent thrashing around in the cage as it smashes against a wall. We run to the kitchen where the cat was being held to find Dwayne fitting on the floor, violently flailing his body, covered in his own urine and semen. My brother, unable to look at the cat in such a helpless state, covers the cat over with a towel, whispers "Goodbye Dwayne, we'll miss you..." and then stamps on the cat's head until the screaming stops. We then throw the cat's headless body into the bin outside and clean our floor of the poor feline's blood. We tell our Step-Dad that the cat ran away to save him the misery of having the cat put down.

Holy shit
last.fm[/url}
I've had 2 cats die on me. One had leukemia, and one was hit by a car.

I have two cats right now, and the one seems like she might die soon. She's been losing weight and has trouble walking around too much.

It's definitely sad when a pet dies. Sorry to hear about your cat.
Quote by willT08

I half cried half laughed..
WTH
I love cats, but have never been able to own one
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by willT08

Dude...I could never do that to my cat. But then again the vet is 2 minutes away and wouldn't take long to either sedate her or put her to sleep
Quote by boycew02
We had to have one of my cats put to sleep a year ago and it was one of the saddest days of my life. It's still extremely hard to look back on. I don't think people who don't have pets can appreciate what a huge impact then can have on peoples' lives. It's like losing a part of the family.

Sorry to hear about your cat TS

This. I had a cat put down about a year ago. I couldn't believe how upset it made me. I still get very sad thinking about it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by willT08

Sorry for the double post.

Wow, I would never had been able to do that. The cat that we had put down that I talked about in my other post was kinda like that. Apparently she had some irreversible problem that was making her have seizures. It's hard to describe how scary it is to see something having a seizure until you do. It's just horrible not being able to help the animal.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by talia.
I have a kitty his name is Bear. When I was a freshman in college, he ran away from home to find me because I was gone so much. He had been missing for like a month. I cried like a baby. Then my mom called me and told me he came home. I immediately came home and had to take him to the vet because he lost so much weight and he was gone so long. But he is still alive and kicking. He is actually next to me sleeping right now. Love him.

I'm sorry about your cat though. Pets are very precious to their owners. They are just like family.

D'awww. Happy to hear that happy ending.

My family actually had to put our dog to sleep last week. I knew the day was coming soon because his health was declining steadily and then all of a sudden it turned for the worse where he wouldn't do anything when bringing him outside.

The worst part is the empty feeling you get after all is settled. I had my dog for 17 years (he just turned 17 like two weeks prior to being put down), we got him when I was four so he's been with me for pretty much my whole life and now he's not there. It's like what now?
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
I know how sad it is to lose a pet
I've lost several cats and a dog, it's never easy when they are almost family.
RIP Gooze

cats
Hugs to everyone who has lost a pet.

My dog died last month on the 23. She was with us for almost 13 years, it's gonna be her birthday on the 12th. She was only three days old when we got her.
STಠ_ಠ
Lost my cat when I was around 10 years old. It was the first time I'd experienced death, and considering it was our only pet (and what seemed like part of the family) it was a very tough time.

I remember coming home with my dad and sister. I knew that my mum had taken him to the vet but didn't really think anything of it, because you don't at that age. Every other time he'd been there he'd been fine and had no problems. So without calling his name or anything, I've rushed into the living room to play Timesplitters 2, or a similar game.

It wasn't until about half an hour later when my mum called my sister and I into the kitchen, and instead of shouting louder to get our attention when we didn't go to her, she started to call louder for a split second and then her shout sort of tailed off into a groan as she held back her tears. At this point I knew something was wrong and she forced out the words, "he's gone..."

I called his name, but to no avail. And as I turned away, I sped up, sprinted up the stairs and buried my head in my pillow for about an hour. I will never forget that day.

Check out my fitness blog here
for everyone in this thread.

We had to put our cat down a about 2 years ago around Christmas time because he had kidney failure. It was really sad, but he had a pretty long life for a cat (17 years). That kind of softened the pain a little.

My first dog I ever had was killed by a coyote outside. I had that dog since I was about 2-3 years old. This happened in Spring of 2007. Still makes me cry . My other dog was depressed about it for a while too.

This past November, we had to put my dog down because he couldn't walk anymore. He had a BUNCH of other health problems too because he was a puppy mill dog that we got from a pet store in the mall. He had skin issues, was allergic to dog food, had digestive issues (perianal fistulas), arthritis, and degenerative myelopathy. I wanted my parents to wait a little while longer, but I guess it was for the best. He could barely stand up to go to the bathroom and dragged himself everywhere before just collapsing on the floor. I have never cried so hard over anything than I did on the day he was put down.

We got a puppy this past February and he looks EXACTLY like my dog from the previous paragraph. Makes me happy/sad at the same time.

I pretty much bawled my eyes out while typing this. Again, for everyone.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
I never gave a shit about cats. Dogs on the other hand always get me. I lost a couple beagles from people speeding on the road. Tough times man. Luckily with the third one we got him an invisible fence, id probably be pretty crushed if he died even though I dont live with my parents anymore.
I'm very sorry for your loss TS. I have a cat with FIV (cat AIDS pretty much) and he's had it since birth, currently about 6 years old and he's getting so bad now. He's had pneumonia for a couple months now and wont get better even with medicine... although he seems to a have quite sneezing the past day or two. But he throws up allll the time and I'm wondering if we should just put him down. But I play with him sometimes and he's really active and just seems alright a lot of the time.

I also lost my rat recently... he woke up blind and started running into things, my mom put him on her shoulder and he just gripped on as best he could because he had no idea where he was. They took him to the vet and the only thing they could do was put him down.
Quote by willT08

Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Should have gotten a dog. They're much more affectionate, plus they only die in movies and books.
Quote by fail

God, I love that show.

But that was indeed my reaction to that story.

B'awww at this thread though, I need to go hug my dog
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Page 1 of 2