Will be used at home and mostly for metal.
I'm currently considering the Spider IV 15W.
I wouldn't for metal. Play it all the time at my local guitar store, sounds shit in smaller formats. only after 80W does it sound decent
peavey vyper defo, please dont buy a spider
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
first two are right on the money.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Peavey vyper is your best bet. And at the price its pretty much a steal for everything that's packed in it.
jet city 20 watt combo.

or krank rev jr since we have no budget.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by Dmaj7
Vox AC15. lul

This was my first thought reading the thread title

I guess I'll throw in for the vyper as well.
Quote by gregs1020
jet city 20 watt combo.

or krank rev jr since we have no budget.

No budget?

Mesa Boogie TransAltantic 15
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I have a Roland Cube 15x and it's clean is great and it's metal and metal stack rock, but it's distortion and overdrive is horrible. If you decide on a cube, just spend a little more and get the 20xl. It has built in effects and more sound models.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by ragingkitty
No budget?

Mesa Boogie TransAltantic 15

i actually kinda liked that amp when i tried it.
Quote by gregs1020
i actually kinda liked that amp when i tried it.

Haha, is there a reason to dislike it?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Haha, is there a reason to dislike it?

well i'm not a huge mesa fan honestly. i just never found anything to be all that "wow" for the stuff i play.

i had read some of the online talk about it and thought maybe it was just a gimmiky thing.

after sitting and playing one for a half hour or so i was impressed. i liked it a lot more than i thought i would. some of the switches seemed useless, but that's always the case for me.

i don't really think it's a br00tz amp, a lot of UGers will expect that out of it based on the nameplate. as with most amps (that don't read "Peters" on the front) the gain got real fizzy past 3:00. i'd probably never have it that high though.

and blue lights are very cool.
Quote by gregs1020
well i'm not a huge mesa fan honestly. i just never found anything to be all that "wow" for the stuff i play.

i had read some of the online talk about it and thought maybe it was just a gimmiky thing.

after sitting and playing one for a half hour or so i was impressed. i liked it a lot more than i thought i would. some of the switches seemed useless, but that's always the case for me.

i don't really think it's a br00tz amp, a lot of UGers will expect that out of it based on the nameplate. as with most amps (that don't read "Peters" on the front) the gain got real fizzy past 3:00. i'd probably never have it that high though.

and blue lights are very cool.

Ahh that'd make sense. The reason I like the TransAtlantic 15 (and the concept of the 30) is because of the versatility they managed to squeeze into a lunch box amp. I think its got great tone and good features.

I think its as much a "feel" amp as it is a amp for the crunch sound. The only thing that really irked me was the lack of a mid control as well as the lack of a FX loop (for the TA15).

If the TA15 had an FX loop and mid controls, I've have bought one to accompany my MkV.

Also, yes, blue lights are sweet... especially when its emanating from inside the amp.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )