Ordered a guitar in April...They said it would be here end of may. Its now June 2nd, just found out they said another month!
Quote by ktgmeasap
Ordered a guitar in April...They said it would be here end of may. Its now June 2nd, just found out they said another month!

What did your order from Fender?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I waited for an ESP/LTD mh-401 for one and a half month. When i got it, it was broken so i sent it back. I got my money back and ordered another one only to find out that this guitar had massive finish damage, so i decided to go for the mh-1000. After ordering the mh-1000 i had to wait for more than 1 month for it to arrive
Ordered the first one in early January --> got it in late Mars
Too far from the store to go and buy it?
That's a shame, I would probably cancel myself if it were possible.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Nope not custom. Just an Olympic White Jaguar Special HH. Supposedly a rep is trying to allocate one to the shop I ordered it from. Probably take one back from Guitar Center and send it to me. Ha
Keep in mind that not every production guitar model is being made constantly. Some of them, like the Standard, and American Standard are, but some of the less "in demand" models only get made in batches as necessary. It's wholly likely that your single personal order did not fill the demand to make another batch of Classic Player Jaguars (Made in the Ensenada factory, I might add), and the sales rep is trying to find one that hasn't been sold just yet. It's not like you're paying top dollar for a Custom Shop piece, you should be lucky that a Sales Rep is helping you at all.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Fender's never done that to me as I've never ordered from Fender, but Schecter's doing it now. I ordered a Damien Elite FR in March, and the guy who was working at the shop(with whom I am well-acquainted) said it'd be 2-4 weeks to get here. I called down there just last night, and according to him it's on the way here. Meanwhile, they've received two shipments of Schecters since, one of whom just came in a week ago. I'm...not happy, considering I only have one guitar, and no trem, and want to be able to keep my ML in D for my heavier stuff.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
Fender's never done that to me as I've never ordered from Fender, but Schecter's doing it now. I ordered a Damien Elite FR in March, and the guy who was working at the shop(with whom I am well-acquainted) said it'd be 2-4 weeks to get here. I called down there just last night, and according to him it's on the way here. Meanwhile, they've received two shipments of Schecters since, one of whom just came in a week ago. I'm...not happy, considering I only have one guitar, and no trem, and want to be able to keep my ML in D for my heavier stuff.

Yep, try and help the "little guys" out and end up waiting....Unless of course they have it in store.
I haven't had any unreasonable issues with fender. occasionally, a part may take a few weeks maybe a month, but nothing too bad ever.

alot of the time, the problem is that there are orders ahead of yours and those need to be filled before yours is.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Fixed

I just find the ones I like in stores are virtually always used (or so shopworn they might as well be used).
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Honestly, I didn't have this problem. I ordered through a small shop and they got my guitar in right on schedule in less than a month. So, just saying, maybe this is the case sometimes, but it isn't the case ALL the time.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Hmm, never has this problem, as I buy used, or a floor model. If it plays well, and sounds good at that point in time, then why not? Hell, great guitars with electrical problems are the best...can get big discounts and are too easy to fix. But I'm not as ocd as some. Lol.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Ordered an American Vintage '62 Jazzmaster in Olympic White at the end of April, was told it would be late June/early July before one arrived in the UK. It arrived last weekend. Was well worth waiting for the colour I wanted.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Last edited by jukejointjohnny at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by ktgmeasap
Yep, try and help the "little guys" out and end up waiting....Unless of course they have it in store.

Pretty much. xD But sadly, I'm lefty, and the only lefty Schecter they have is the non-FR version of the Damien Elite(which I love, don't get me wrong, but I *REALLY* want a trem). Long And McQuade was prompt when I ordered a flanger pedal off them, but every time I go in there they're trying to shove some $2000 Marshall JCM2000 stack or a Fender MIA Strat and telling me to swap all the pups out for Duncan Li'l '59s. I hate having a beard at 16, it's like they think I actually have money. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.