Ok, I got a deal on a 67 bassman and a cab together. However the guy had a few speakers and cabs, and honestly the best sounding was an old peavey cab, which I'm assuming was used for bass. It's loaded with a 15 inch and two 8's however right now I'm just running through the 15 inch. He gave me the stuff to set up a crossover for the 2 8's however I know its not usually used in guitar amps i hear. Would it be worth it to set it up? Or does it sound bad? I'm honestly fine with the high's I'm getting out of the 15 inch right now, its the full sound that works well with the bassman.

If i i didn't use the crossover, would the 8 inches be useless? I'm not too keen on speakers and what not but have a general idea, and want to know before i set it up.

thanks guys
Wait, so you're telling me this guy played bass through a bassman?
What a silly little person.
REGGIE
Quote by LeakyFlask
Wait, so you're telling me this guy played bass through a bassman?
What a silly little person.

Hahah I don't know what he did, he might have? But like anyways I'm playing guitar through it, and I didn't think people usually used crossovers for guitar cabs but idk.
honestly i don't think you need it, the 8's should handle your guitar's bass just fine.

Now if he was pounding them with a bass guitar... he may have needed one to cut how much lows where hitting the 8's... but you shouldn't.

Just to add, if you do not know. A crossover would simply split the frequency range being sent out of it, so high'/mids would run to 8's. cutting the bass from them and sending it to your 15's (basically, many different crossover types). As i said, you shouldn't need unless your really pumping the cones on the 8's to the point where they start making a popping noise... which.. they won't *probably* lol
Last edited by ToXyN at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by ToXyN
honestly i don't think you need it, the 8's should handle your guitar's bass just fine.

Now if he was pounding them with a bass guitar... he may have needed one to cut how much lows where hitting the 8's... but you shouldn't.

Just to add, if you do not know. A crossover would simply split the frequency range being sent out of it, so high'/mids would run to 8's. cutting the bass from them and sending it to your 15's (basically, many different crossover types). As i said, you shouldn't need unless your really pumping the cones on the 8's to the point where they start making a popping noise... which.. they won't *probably* lol

Ok cool well thanks for answering first of all. And actually I'm just running the 15 right now. And I'm really happy with the sound I'm getting, I mean its big , but thats what I expected running a les paul through a bassman. It still gets plenty raunchy cranked. The only reason i was considering wiring up the 8's was if they'd make it a lot better, but i hear thats not a common thing to do for guitar amps.