My parents have been really hounding me for graduation present ideas, but I'm just not sure about the Boss ME-70. It seems really great as a concept, but is the quality of the effects good enough that it would justify never getting another high end pedal? I am considering this (after I test it out somewhere) or the POG2, which I know I will really like but is the same amount of money for only one effect.

Suggestions from anyone owning the Boss ME-70 would be great, but anyone can chime in.
Squier by Fender Telecaster SSH
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
What are you looking for? Are you looking for amp modeling, effects, distortion, or all of the above? Do you have a buget?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Really what I would be getting this for is the distortions, the looper, and the octave. I like my tone already.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
Do you want a Boss mfx unit or are you open to other brands?
I'm definitely open to it, it's just that it seems to be the most cost effective. Anything above 500 might be pushing it.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
Well, I've heard that Digitech has better distortions than Boss but Boss has better effects. But I can't Promise that this is true because I don't own a mfx unit but I have done a lot of research on mfx because I am getting one

Are you planning on using it live?

You'll just have to listen to what the Boss me70 sounds like and what Digitech units sound like.
I really support the Me-70, as it is my most used pedal. Although you may want another pedal of any other brand since Boss can only do what Boss does. That meaning you may want a Crybaby Wah or a Fuzz Factory or even a Digitech Whammy in the future, since Boss's Me-70 does not have these sounds. Overall, the ME-70 was a great investment FOR ME.
Why a multi? Why not just ask for the effects you want? Multi effects pedals do a lot of things good but very few things well. I love my pod xt live but after a few years of using it I'd rather have individual pedals. Individual pedals, assuming you buy nicer ones, do one thing VERY well.
Quote by vjferrara
Why a multi? Why not just ask for the effects you want? Multi effects pedals do a lot of things good but very few things well. I love my pod xt live but after a few years of using it I'd rather have individual pedals. Individual pedals, assuming you buy nicer ones, do one thing VERY well.

Yea, but stompboxes are a lot more expensive.
And therein lies my problem. I don't want to make the wrong decision on this one but both sides have some very convincing points. I'm not planning on using it live rig ht now, but I am going to college and maybe starting a band. I already have a Vox Wah which I really like and a Boss DD-7. Distortions and octave are really what I am looking for. The looper is really just a bonus.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
Listen to the Digitech rp500 distortions on YouTube. Just type in "digitech rp500". Also, the rp500 has a boss oc2 and a digitech whammy. You can also use the rp500 right along with your other stomp boxes.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 2, 2011,
Hmmm very nice, I didn't even think to look at Digitech! This seems much nicer than the Boss ME-70 for the same price thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely try this before I buy however.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
Quote by kutless999
Yea, but stompboxes are a lot more expensive.

Not really. If you're talking $500 and you only use a few effects then it would probably be cheaper
Quote by jrpina2
Hmmm very nice, I didn't even think to look at Digitech! This seems much nicer than the Boss ME-70 for the same price thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely try this before I buy however.

You are welcome.

Yea, I'm planning to get an rp355 soon.

You get a lot more stompbox models with the digitech unit compared to the Boss unit, and plus, you get a Digitech Whammy, which is a $170 value. Also, the me70 does not come with a power adapter, while the rp500 does. You can also connect the rp500 to your computer and use the x-edit software to make your own presets and adjust current ones which I heard is a lot easier than doing it on the unit itself.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 2, 2011,
Will it work an a USB interface with Pro Tools? I have an interface already for it so it wouldn't really mater but it would be nice. Also i think the RP500 comes with Cubase?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
Quote by jrpina2
Will it work an a USB interface with Pro Tools? I have an interface already for it so it wouldn't really mater but it would be nice. Also i think the RP500 comes with Cubase?

I'm sure it would. Yes, it comes with Cubase Le4 software.
The TC nova is a super nice I love mine! Ive seen a couple on CL for like $300 with the travel bag.
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Line 6 M13
/thread

This.

Im looking into a good multieffects myself. Honestly Ive been feeling dissapointed by the vast majority of the ones I have tried. Last week I tried a Pod HD500 and a M13 and thought they were the cream of the crop of the ones I had tried (digitechs and bosses). Im still looking for some TC stuff to try though.
wut wut and wut
you have 2 good choices
1st tc electronic g major2
2nd line 6 m13
gm2>>>>>m13 in terms of quality of effects
m13>>>>gm2 in terms of quantity of effects
i'd go with a gm2
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
i wouldnt say the g major is better than the m13. it is different, but not better. the effects are cleaner and more pristine, but in some situations that isnt ideal. IMO it is up to preference
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣