So I've been thinking about getting new pickups for a while, and a new neck for my Fender Squier MB-5 Bass...So I had a few questions, would it even be worth modding my bass this much, or just get a new one? and if it is worth it than what pickups/necks do you recommend? I play just about everything but I really love Paul McCartney's Tone in I Want To Hold You Hand, so something like that for the pickups, but it'd be really awesome if the pickup was good for slapping too, since my current pickups lack in that department. The neck, I really just want a different headstock (shapewise), frankly I don't know too much about the type of wood and stuff, so help there would be great too...and for the neck, would it just be as easy as unscrew the screws and just screwing on a new neck? Cause I noticed there's screws on the back of it.
(Invalid img)

And the same for the pickups, would it be as easy as unscrewing them and putting new ones in (if not, I know people with a sodding iron, and knowledge about replacing pickups and stuff, but they usually do electric guitars, not basses)
(Invalid img)

Like I said before, I don't really like the shape of the headstock/tuners I have now
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

Here's another picture to help you get a better idea of what I currently have
(Invalid img)

Budget wise; I'd like to spend as little as possible because I'm only 16 with no job and such, and I'm in Central Florida for locations purposes.
Any and all help is appreciated, I'm fairly new to modding stuff (obviously). Thanks!
replacing pickups in a bass is exactly the same as in a guitar, it will need soldering. the neck will simply bolt into place. you should probably just buy a new bass.
no sir away a papaya war is on