Sony hacked.... for the fourth time. 1 million accounts+passwords leaked

Page 1 of 2
Sony Pictures was hacked earlier today, 1million accounts were leaked, passwords were contained in plain text in the database, for any of the techno literate, all it took was an sql injection.

The hacker group is called "Lulz Security"

Personal information, including passwords, email addresses, home addresses, dates of birth, and all Sony opt-in data associated with their accounts. Among other things, we also compromised all admin details of Sony Pictures (including passwords) along with 75,000 "music codes" and 3.5 million "music coupons".

is sony being hacked even news worthy anymore?!?!

source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/02/sony-pictures-hacked-by-lulz-security-1-000-000-passwords-claim/

Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jun 2, 2011,
Hahaha

Microsoft FTW

Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Last edited by 801Current at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by 801Current
Hahaha

Microsoft FTW

Here we go
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Hah.

Even if it's not quite right, I'm not sorry for playstation. I mean, seriously, an SQL injection and a couple hundred thousand passwords are stolen?

I mean, I just can't get over the fact that Sony is a huge company, yet doesn't do basic sanitation on SQL queries. :')

I bet the root password on all the servers is probably 'toor' as well, huh?
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jun 2, 2011,
lmao. This is amazing. I feel bad for any of my friends who have a PS3 and credit card information on it, but honestly, Sony really needs to learn from this. I'm totally cool paying 50 bucks or so a year on xbox live.

EDIT: Oh okay, this is for Sonypictures.com, not the PSN. But still, when will they learn?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Jun 2, 2011,
Well this sucks, I don't use psn nor have I credit card info on psn, but for those who do, this is uncool.

EDIT: psn is not sony pictures I think? But still uncool.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Last edited by rock.freak667 at Jun 2, 2011,
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Aslong as the PSN is still up, which it is, i don't care

This

I don't even have a credit card on my account, no point

Sony, PLEASE get your shit together soon. This is ridiculous...
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by 801Current
Hahaha

Microsoft FTW

*BABBY'S FIRST FPS GAEM removed*

Oh boy, here we go.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
-- In this file you will find just under 67,000 Sony music codes;
they're like magnets, we simply have no idea how they work.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
So if you have a PSN account does all your info get stolen? Or has this nothing to do with PS3 at all this time?
Quote by Scissortooth
So if you have a PSN account does all your info get stolen? Or has this nothing to do with PS3 at all this time?

nothing to do with ps3/psn/qriocity this time
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Scissortooth

its sony pictures, i dunno what that is, but knowing sony, they probably kept all details in one place
I believe Sony is split up into separate divisions, and since they said "Sony Pictures" I assume it doesn't involve PS3. I can't remember the name of divisions that makes games (I don't really game anymore).
Quote by JimmyBanks6
nothing to do with ps3/psn/qriocity this time

ah, well that's good then. Thanks.

Still affects a lot of people though. Really sucks.
Quote by FireHawk
This stuff is so stupid people need to grow up. The hacking of Sony is uncalled for.

I'm willing to bet almost all of it is over GeoHotz. Which I'm not disapproving of, the hacking is a bit over-the-top, but I'm not a big fan of them either.
Quote by SlayingDragons
I'm willing to bet almost all of it is over GeoHotz. Which I'm not disapproving of, the hacking is a bit over-the-top, but I'm not a big fan of them either.

I'm pretty sure if you were the manufacture of a product and were worried about illegal pirating that would effect revenue you would take the same steps to prevent financial loss. I am not saying home brewing should be illegal, but logically the next step after home brewing is pirated games. They were saving their own ass.
Hey, everyone who laughed at 13-year old me when I decided I was going to buy a Wii on release day instead of the PS3 two days earlier?

Then who thought 14-year old me was stupid for buying a Lenovo computer instead of a Sony laptop?

Guess who's laughing.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Sony can't provide a stable online service, Microsoft can't make a console that doesn't break, and Nintendo recycles the same series rather than develop new ones. Take your pick. (Not bashing, I own all 3 consoles)
Quote by MyUserName777
Sony can't provide a stable online service, Microsoft can't make a console that doesn't break, and Nintendo recycles the same series rather than develop new ones. Take your pick. (Not bashing, I own all 3 consoles)

Counterintuitive statement seems counterintuitive.

Quote by necrosis1193
Counterintuitive statement seems counterintuitive.

You're right but I hate how everyone jumps on the bandwagon and calls a company crap because of it's flaws. Nothing's perfect and the Sony thing isn't acceptable but pretty much everyone's screwed up
Quote by necrosis1193
Hey, everyone who laughed at 13-year old me when I decided I was going to buy a Wii on release day instead of the PS3 two days earlier?

Then who thought 14-year old me was stupid for buying a Lenovo computer instead of a Sony laptop?

Guess who's laughing.

I'm still laughing at you (although I would continue to laugh even if you bought the overpriced Sony laptop).
Quote by MyUserName777

What was that, the first time that PSN went down in five years?

Besides, some older ps3 systems are getting YLoD
Quote by FireHawk
I'm pretty sure if you were the manufacture of a product and were worried about illegal pirating that would effect revenue you would take the same steps to prevent financial loss. I am not saying home brewing should be illegal, but logically the next step after home brewing is pirated games. They were saving their own ass.

Kinda like how the xbox is very easily modded to run pirated games, and everyone's doing it.

Not everyone is technologically intelligent enough to hack their PS3.

And homebrew is one of the greatest things around, free games made by the community for the community. This doesn't lead directly to pirating. Sony completely stripped down the PS3, and basically spat in their costumers faces, all in the event a couple people may pirate a code.
Quote by MyUserName777
You're right but I hate how everyone jumps on the bandwagon and calls a company crap because of it's flaws. Nothing's perfect and the Sony thing isn't acceptable but pretty much everyone's screwed up

Fair enough. Though I think it's more because of the scope and the fact Sony's not really done much of anything outside of presumably attempting to seal the security holes, whereas with the breaking wrist straps and flying controllers, Nintendo sent them out for free, and Microsoft repairs the RROD issues for free if my understanding is proper.

Given E3's coming up in a few days though, they could well be saving something for that.

Quote by FireHawk
I'm still laughing at you (although I would continue to laugh even if you bought the overpriced Sony laptop).

Then allow me to wiggle my arm at you in a circular motion, which is supposed to be the motion command for a middle finger, but they're all so similar that it's really rather random.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Kinda like how the xbox is very easily modded to run pirated games, and everyone's doing it.

Not everyone is technologically intelligent enough to hack their PS3.

And homebrew is one of the greatest things around, free games made by the community for the community. This doesn't lead directly to pirating. Sony completely stripped down the PS3, and basically spat in their costumers faces, all in the event a couple people may pirate a code.

I agree with you completely, but what system has home brewing and no pirating? From Sony's perspective, or really any business that doesn't want to have to win over hackers by giving them jobs, they are doing the right thing from a financial aspect.
Quote by necrosis1193
Fair enough. Though I think it's more because of the scope and the fact Sony's not really done much of anything outside of presumably attempting to seal the security holes, whereas with the breaking wrist straps and flying controllers, Nintendo sent them out for free, and Microsoft repairs the RROD issues for free if my understanding is proper.

Given E3's coming up in a few days though, they could well be saving something for that.

Not totally true. They're supposedly letting people download 2 free games such as Little Big Planet, Wipeout, or Infamous. Idk if it's Playstation+ people only though
Quote by FireHawk
I agree with you completely, but what system has home brewing and no pirating? From Sony's perspective, or really any business that doesn't want to have to win over hackers by giving them jobs, they are doing the right thing from a financial aspect.

Right, and just look at the RIAA. Everything they do is the right thing from a financial perspective. It's just from a creative and community standpoint, it's not positive.
Quote by MyUserName777
Not totally true. They're supposedly letting people download 2 free games such as Little Big Planet, Wipeout, or Infamous. Idk if it's Playstation+ people only though

Huh, I was unaware of this. I retract my statement then. Though I do have to ask, as a friend who's had the marketplace down for six weeks said it's still down, with the marketplace down, how do you redeem that?

Wow...

Well at least people can go outside and play now.
Yay?

Must say though, I'm kind of glad I don't do online gaming other than on my PC.
Page 1 of 2