OKAY FIRST OF ALL! i know there are MANY forums about this but none for the reason i want!

Okay so, i'm in the delay pedal market haha. I either want the boss DD-7 (which i can get from a friend with the tap tempo foot switch for about $150) or the MXR carbon copy. I want to be able to do nice, warm sounding volume swells, nice echoed chords, and then just basic delay.

Sooooooooo which one?
If you want longer analog repeats, go with the Carbon Copy, as the Boss's analog repeats go up to 300ms (mimicking the DM-2) if I recall correctly.

However, if you're gonna go for a proper analog delay, get the Malekko Ekko 616 analog delay instead. Same price as the Carbon Copy, and kicks the crap out of it.
I would take the DD-7 over the CC any day, mostly for the tap tempo and versatility. IMO (and I'm not a very technical person with delay) the analog mode on the DD-7 sounds good enough (not as good as a true analog delay), and the DD-7 can just do so much more.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I always disliked boss delays, in fact, never been much of a delay person myself..
But i like analog delays over digital
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Look into the Line 6 DL-4, very versatile delay, it will do everything you want plus much much more (has built in tap tempo and can be had used for around $150). If you're not a Line 6/modelling fan then I'd go for the Malekko 616 for a great analog delay or the DD-7 for another versatile digital delay.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
i wouuld go with the dd7 out of those 2. a lot more versatility
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Like the others have mentioned the 2 delays are quite different. Its not exactly an apple to apple comparison.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I love my dd-7. IMO its the only good boss stompbox, besides the tuner and the power stack. It's great for looping if your just playing alone, tap tempo is great and I keep mine selected on modulated delay. Sounds very much like U2.
Carbon Copy vs. DD-7 is not apples to apples. The DD-7 is meant to be heavy on features while the CC focuses on making one sound. Digital delays tend to be pristine and clear with more time available, while analog repeats are darker and have less available time (oh, and they can self-oscillate!). Many digital units also emulate other delays, so the DD-7 can approximate an analog sound. It is worth noting that there are many delays in the DD-7 price point that are better. If you want to go digital, get a TC Electronic Flashback or a used DL4.

But based on your criteria, it seems to me that you would be better off with an analog delay. The CC is a good bet but it is a very dark-sounding pedal, so you might not like it. Look at the Malekko 616 as well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Even though just about every single one of you told me DD-7... I'm going with Carbon Copy. Why? you all kept saying the DD-7 has so many more features... okay thats great but during a song you can only have ONE setting. unless you have time to change it. also i do not like all the different modes of the DD-7. I hate pedals that have too many features. That's why i hate digital multi-effects pedals. Most likely i would find one i liked and never used the rest. And the Carbon Copy just sounds so much better in my opinion
Considering a carbon copy can make the clean channel of a 6505+112 sound good, I'd go for that.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by alexmarsh22
Even though just about every single one of you told me DD-7... I'm going with Carbon Copy. Why? you all kept saying the DD-7 has so many more features... okay thats great but during a song you can only have ONE setting. unless you have time to change it. also i do not like all the different modes of the DD-7. I hate pedals that have too many features. That's why i hate digital multi-effects pedals. Most likely i would find one i liked and never used the rest. And the Carbon Copy just sounds so much better in my opinion

You don't change the settings in one song, you use the different modes for different songs/genres. lol
the tap temp is nice, and the newer boss do have an analog setting.

VERY NICE.

what it comes down to is what you really want. you must identify the differecnes between analog and digital, and then identify what your favorite players use. if you tend to like songs where people like david gilmous are rocking out...chances are you want analog.

if your ideal sound i the edge, go digital.

i must say, for anything under about 300-400 bucks, BOSS dd6 and especially the dd7 really can take anything settings wise. the darn things do everything.
Quote by stradivari310
Carbon Copy vs. DD-7 is not apples to apples. The DD-7 is meant to be heavy on features while the CC focuses on making one sound. Digital delays tend to be pristine and clear with more time available, while analog repeats are darker and have less available time (oh, and they can self-oscillate!). Many digital units also emulate other delays, so the DD-7 can approximate an analog sound. It is worth noting that there are many delays in the DD-7 price point that are better. If you want to go digital, get a TC Electronic Flashback or a used DL4.

But based on your criteria, it seems to me that you would be better off with an analog delay. The CC is a good bet but it is a very dark-sounding pedal, so you might not like it. Look at the Malekko 616 as well.

Digital delays can self oscilate too. my line 6 echo park can do cooler oscilations then my AD999Pro.

TS the carbon copy tries to do one thing well but it does that one thing horribly. It is a terrible example of an analogue delay. there are super cheap pedals such as the altec analogue delay which is in fact digital but sounds much nicer and doesn't have all the features (which you seem to dislike for some reason).

I would go the DD7, line 6 echo park or line 6 DL4 option if i were you because finding a good sounding analogue delay within your budget will be tough, trust me i tried.
i have the carbon copy, and i have to say i think i should have gotten a digital delay. I can barely tell that it is on sometimes.