lots of really great blues greats out there, but no tabs on them. is this becuase these artists techniques are common knowledge to everyone but me or what?
i'm talking about son house. he's written so many really great songs and while he was alive at least nobody dared called themselves the king of the blues, yet when i try to look him up i only found 1 tab of his. another is t bone walker, cited by b.b. king as a primary source, known to be one of the main contributers to the formation of the blues on the electric guitar. 9 tabs.
short answer: because it's much easier to tab out Stairway to Heaven for the 70th time.

long answer: because blues is something you need to learn by doing. no tab, book, or video will teach you how to play the blues. either that, or people just haven't gotten around to it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Haven't you learned? This site is for metal guitarists, unfortunately. Plus most people who enjoy the blues are too busy to make tabs because they don't live at home with mom.
Yeah, they live in cardboard boxes

I kid, I kid.
Last edited by Meelad360 at Jun 3, 2011,
Because its just not popular on this site, but I'm sure you could google the song and at least one site would have a tab for it.

But always go to ug first.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I always thought of blues as more of an improv way to learn, understand the chords by ear... and go from there?
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
while this is probably the best tab site out there, Ezzy Bender is right, its mostly metal oriented as far as the bulk of the tabbers goes. You could try looking for a "Blues" oriented tab site or use 911 tabs, which will give you tabs and the site/s it is on.

Secondly, to paraphrase TK1, blues is more about feeling than just regurgitating anothers style, more so than other genres. There are different scales and progs. that might be deemed "bluesy" or blues style that you could look up, but ultimately your probably better off coming up with your own stuff. I realize this doesnt help you learn the song you want, but a good place to start, and you cant go wrong learning some theory and what not.
Too many metalheads sadly
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
The roots of metal, come from rock. The roots of rock, come from classical music, and THE BLUES!!! Anyone who appreciates metal, and not rock and blues music (I'm not a huge classical fan), are retarded...

And UG. I make a new profile every day. Because stepco12345 banned me for something ****ing stupid. So keep banning me. Making a fake email is as easy as pissing. You'll never keep me off of here. I'll just keep coming back. Love you UG.