Page 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ihj8zkqk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwYvhY-g10A&feature=related

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6300985.stm

Nice to know how free we are in the west, where new weapons get tested on prisoners, i suppose it's okay cus they're prisoners though and all people inside prison are evil and bad

edit; pasted too much of the title. will change

edit: pasted a link to the mainstream media because everyone thinks this can't possibly happen in america where the state can do no wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfFRKkmwYw
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jun 3, 2011,
I can't wait to emigrate.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
This is fucking bullshit. I know that some of them have done terrible things, but they shouldn't be using them as lab rats.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
The first video is from a channel called "NotForSale2NWO" and sounds kinda wacko.
The second video shows them testing it on what appears to be volunteers, but not prisoners.
The third link only describes the technology.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use prisoners as lab rats.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Did they get it out of the Mystery Box?

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by rgrockr
The first video is from a channel called "NotForSale2NWO" and sounds kinda wacko.
The second video shows them testing it on what appears to be volunteers, but not prisoners.
The third link only describes the technology.

That's the name of the person who has a youtube account who posted it, the original video is on 'democracy now'.

edit: is this better for you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfFRKkmwYw
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jun 3, 2011,
wut.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Surely that's not actualy legal.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Zoot Allures
That's the name of the person who has a youtube account who posted it, the original video is on 'democracy now'.

Never heard of it. Is there actually an official source where I can see that they're testing it on prisoners?
The article linked said it was tested on volunteers. Although this could potentially aid in the development of the cliched totalitarian government, I see no problem in the testing of this weapon on volunteers. Why so dramatic with no legitimate sources?
Quote by Zoot Allures

That still sounds pretty much as verifiable as conservipedia. If this is true, it's not exactly something that wouldn't be in the news, given how America, and news channels' ratings, reacted to waterboarding prisoners, they wouldn't hesitate from broadcasting raygunning prisoners. I'm sorry, but the idea that this wouldn't be reported from a larger media outlet is just absurd, both morally, economically, and ratings-wise.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
That still sounds pretty much as verifiable as conservipedia. If this is true, it's not exactly something that wouldn't be in the news, given how America, and news channels' ratings, reacted to waterboarding prisoners, they wouldn't hesitate from broadcasting raygunning prisoners. I'm sorry, but the idea that this wouldn't be reported from a larger media outlet is just absurd, both morally, economically, and ratings-wise.

updated OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfFRKkmwYw
mainstream media link because that's all anyone trusts.
Quote by metalh3ad88
The article linked said it was tested on volunteers. Although this could potentially aid in the development of the cliched totalitarian government, I see no problem in the testing of this weapon on volunteers. Why so dramatic with no legitimate sources?

this
anyone can volunteer to do dumb stuff for science, why should prisoners be disallowed
signed,
your favorite poster
If they volunteered then there should be no problem. It's their choice after all.
Quote by Dpullam
If they volunteered then there should be no problem. It's their choice after all.

If you would watch the video that Zoot just linked you would see that they aren't volunteering. They're using it on them against their will as a way to test it. If they were willing to do it as a volunteer then it would be fine, but they're using it as a way to test it to see how it works on them.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
If you would watch the video that Zoot just linked you would see that they aren't volunteering. They're using it on them against their will as a way to test it. If they were willing to do it as a volunteer then it would be fine, but they're using it as a way to test it to see how it works on them.

then maybe they wont shank anyone
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Zoot Allures
People don't volunteer to go to prison..

What he means is that if they volunteer to be zapped then it's fine.
Quote by L2112Lif
As for the legitimate sources, it appears the "testing" is in reality an implementation of the weapon to quell prison riots. It has already been tested on volunteers, so how is this in any way morally wrong?

(Yes, I realize that morals are entirely subjective)

EDIT: Also, I just realized that I may have been trolled by the usual tandem of Zoot and Irish_Punk...
Last edited by metalh3ad88 at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
People don't volunteer to go to prison..

Well, they kind of do in a way...

Quote by metalh3ad88
As for the legitimate sources, it appears the "testing" is in reality an implementation of the weapon to quell prison riots. It has already been tested on volunteers, so how is this in any way morally wrong?

(Yes, I realize that morals are entirely subjective)

And this. It's no worse than a taser.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
updated OP

The video itself didn't say they're testing it on prisoners, only the video title. I think you need to learn to be skeptical even if you want something to be true.
Quote by Zoot Allures
updated OP

...So they're using a weapon that leaves no lasting damage with a camera built-in to monitor its use and prevent abuse of inmates to quell prison riots before someone is permanently harmed?

I still don't see the issue. I'd rather have a harmless heat gun be used on inmates who start a fight than shooting them with a taser or a shotgun shell filled with rock salt or a lead-firing handgun.

Quote by rgrockr
The video itself didn't say they're testing it on prisoners, only the video title. I think you need to learn to be skeptical even if you want something to be true.

The link to ABC news clearly states that they're going to be using it there, they've been given it to use.
Quote by wemonir
then maybe they wont shank anyone

You don't understand my point. They're basically using the prisoners as lab rats. They're testing it on them to see how it works. If it was proven that it works and that it wouldn't cause long term problems then I could kind of understand using it to prevent violent situations, but that's not the case. They want to see if it works so they decided that prisoners were the best things to use as test subjects.
Quote by L2112Lif
Oh, Jesus Christ. You said it like they were being forced to be test subjects. Don't be so ****ing dramatic.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
What the hell does this country need a laser for? We can't even balance our budget - and now we've got a laser? Gods help us.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Zoot Allures
The link to ABC news clearly states that they're going to be using it there, they've been given it to use.

Yeah, but it's not like they're forcing them to stand in front of it.
Quote by Zoot Allures

But they're not using the prisoners as lab rats. They're testing it in a certain prison to see if it's better than tasers and nightsticks at stopping riots.
It's not a sick medical experiment like you're insinuating. It's a trial for what could be a safer way to stop violence.
Quote by strat0blaster
What the hell does this country need a laser for? We can't even balance our budget - and now we've got a laser? Gods help us.

A private company built it.
Quote by gilly_90
Oh, Jesus Christ. You said it like they were being forced to be test subjects. Don't be so ****ing dramatic.

They really are. They have no choice in the matter, so therefore they're being forced into it.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Alex Vik

It's a new peice of technology being used in a prison to test its effectiveness and more than likley exactly what it will do to the people it's used on and raytheon are gonna make a lot of money if it catches on too.
I swear I heard about this on the news nearly a year ago...

Aug 24, 2010

Oh, I did. TS is late as shit
Quote by Alex Vik
Personally, I think drunk driving should be permitted. No, I think it should be encouraged. If you don't like it, no one is making you drive on the roads.
Quote by rgrockr
But they're not using the prisoners as lab rats. They're testing it in a certain prison to see if it's better than tasers and nightsticks at stopping riots.
It's not a sick medical experiment like you're insinuating. It's a trial for what could be a safer way to stop violence.

A private company built it.

Where do you think it's going to end up? In a toaster cooking your bagels? That's not what happens to lasers, no matter who develops them.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
is anybody else imagning all these like a gritty 80's sci fi film, with the sharp laser beam effects and all>?
Quote by strat0blaster
Where do you think it's going to end up? In a toaster cooking your bagels? That's not what happens to lasers, no matter who develops them.

That would actually be awesome. It's always hot, always even, and always consistent.

Seriously, now that you mention it, why hasn't a laser-based toaster been invented yet?

Quote by necrosis1193
That would actually be awesome. It's always hot, always even, and always consistent.

Seriously, now that you mention it, why hasn't a laser-based toaster been invented yet?

I don't know, but I want a bagel right now, and I've got these righteous jalapeño cheddar bagels, which dominate. I think I'm going to get one.

EDIT

Got my bagel. It's awesome.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jun 3, 2011,
Page 1 of 2