This discussion is about the guitarist as a person, NOT about his skills

My opinion: Yngwie Malmsteen

Reasons:

- Compared himself to Mozart in an interview (really? REALLY?)
- Mentioned Eddie Van Halen is too scared to meet him in an interview (yeh ok lol)
- Critises guitarists for the worst reasons: once said a guitarist "sucked" because he performed out of tune (genius right here)
- Makes fun of gays (very mature)
- When he made fun of gays, a woman poured water on him on a plane, and his reaction was "YOU'VE UNLEASHED THE F***IN FURY!" (LOL!)

Plenty more I'm sure haha

Your opinion?
"How did it feel to be No. 1 in Joel McIver's recent book, "The 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists"?

It was especially sweet when I found out that Joel has written books on Metallica. I looked at my copy of the book — I wasn't on the cover or the back. I figured I'd be somewhere like No. 69. So I thumbed through it; it's a really comprehensive, good book. I got to No. 50 and I thought, "Am I in here?" I'd been told that I was, but not which position. So I got No. 16 and I saw Hetfield. I thought, "Wow," because I respect James. I'm a better lead player than he is, but he's one of the three best rhythm players in the world.

The other two being?

Malcolm Young [of AC/DC] and myself. Malcolm kept it basic but brought a whole new style of rhythm playing to the world. So I got to the Top 10… I still wasn't in there. Every page I turned, I became more excited. I get to No. 5 and it's Kirk [Hammett], and I thought, "Thank you, God." At that point it didn't matter [which position I was]. To be better than both of them [Hetfield and Hammett] meant so much — it's been one of the pet peeves of my career and I've never known how to deal with it. I didn't realize that it has had so much bearing upon my life. Then I got to No. 2 and it was John Petrucci [of Dream Theater] and I froze. I was No. 1. What made it better still is that the guy wrote: "This isn't about Dave as a person because he's been a ****"
-Dave Mustaine

I'd say that pretty much sums it up for me

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Seriously though, imo he can act that way just because he is Yngwie Malmsteen haha. He is an incredible guitarist like him or not. Plus, it's way more fun when famous people are like him, rather than being held back and timid.
I don't see what's wrong with comparing yourself with anyone. I could compare myself with Tiger Woods - "I played golf last week and I'm definitely not as good as Tiger Woods". Does that make me a 'shit head'?
Rock [James] Roll
Quote by Ace of ♦
This discussion is about the guitarist as a person, NOT about his skills

My opinion: Yngwie Malmsteen

Reasons:

- Compared himself to Mozart in an interview (really? REALLY?)
- Mentioned Eddie Van Halen is too scared to meet him in an interview (yeh ok lol)
- Critises guitarists for the worst reasons: once said a guitarist "sucked" because he performed out of tune (genius right here)
- Makes fun of gays (very mature)
- When he made fun of gays, a woman poured water on him on a plane, and his reaction was "YOU'VE UNLEASHED THE F***IN FURY!" (LOL!)

Plenty more I'm sure haha

Your opinion?

Out of context much? He compared himself to Mozart in the way that he does all the writing of his music. No other input from other members. He has his influences of course, but nobody sits down with him and says, "Let's write it like this".

As for the the Van Halen and out of tune guitarist, I've never heard of these things and would love for you to point me to any source other than someones Twitter, Facebook, or Youtube comment.

I find the shit that went down on the plane just plain hysterical. He was drunk, said some shit that he probably regrets, and got a good album title out of it.

To me the biggest #$^#$ would have to be Axl Rose. I don't think this one even needs explaining.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo