Hey Guys.

I've got a squier Telecaster 50's classic vibe.

it's alright ae.

But I've got reaaally thick strings oni t tuned to E standard 440

the guages are. thinnest to thickest

all tuned to E standard.

like... that 65 guage E string is pretty tight when tuned to low B

So im wondering if it's going to caused damage to my guitar long term?

cheeers.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
as long as you've adjusted the truss rod to ease the tension on the neck you should be fine

This, I ruined the neck on my old Squier by putting 11s on it without adjusting the truss rod
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
with that heavy of strings on it chances are the neck has already moved (not been hurt, just moved) by that tension as that is far more tension than any guitar would be set up from the factory.

do you know how to check/adjust the truss rod? i suggest doing it. if you havent adjusted your truss already you will need to. even though that will require a bigger adjustment, its still small amounts as th truss is sensitive.

dont do it all at once. do 1/8 turns or a quarter at most and see what happens, wait a few days, and try again. its not all about numbers, some people like more o less bow to play. it also effects tuning, so you will loose tuning stability until the neck stops moving every time you adjust. thts why little at a time and then wait.
aw woah thansk guys. really useful. well i've given it about a 1/2 turn in the past 2 horus :O it was before i read you comment gah. do you think it will be alright?

it has made the neck straiter and the string hieght isnt so high any more. there is still a slight bow in the neck?

so you think I should leave a few days and see how it goes?

thanks again guys.

and gah you can ruin a guitar by not ajsuting the truss rod? may i ask how it got ruined? :O
Quote by legionbassist

and gah you can ruin a guitar by not ajsuting the truss rod? may i ask how it got ruined? :O

Well I bought a squier strat set up with 9s, being a complete n00b at the time, I put on 10s then 11s, only adjusting the trem for the added tension to prevent it from moving too far away from the body. This put so much tension on the neck (and mind you, an unfinished neck on a squier isn't the best quality) that after a couple months when I realized it played crappy and switched back to 9s, the neck was warped. I was able to fix it to the point where it was playable (barely...lol), but it was never the same, needless to say I ended up buying a cheap replacement neck and gave it away.

Moral of the story: learn how to properly set up your guitar
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.