AN exam board said sorry yesterday after pupils were set an impossible question in an AS-level maths paper.

Youngsters were left baffled by the incorrect equation, worth 11% of the exam’s marks, because it could not be solved.

They fear the blunder could affect their applications for university places next year.

Click here to read the full article.

They promise to 'take the error into account when marking', but is this fair? It created added stress for pupils, and because it's 11% of the exam, some people spent a fair 30 minutes on this question, which is reasonable. Also, it could be giving the weaker students a higher grade by being over generous with the rest of the examination.

They're refusing to do an immediate re-sit, but I would personally be frustrated to shit if I had to take this exam and the last question, being that many marks, was impossible. It would make me be very uneasy not knowing how to do a hard question like that, and I would forget to look over the paper once through to see if I've made any mistakes because I'm too busy looking through my shitload of a question.

Thoughts, anyone?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Typical Tories, trying to make sure only the rich kids get ahead.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.