Hey guys,

I was just wondering how did metallica get that warm sound on the album?
With those chunky, palm mutes and sparkly, over the horizon lead tones.
I dont want to copy I just want to know amp wise and pedals and stuff so thanks to all who reply.

Cheers!!!
Last edited by GV8 at Jun 3, 2011,
Yeah, early thrash in general often used marshall tube amps boosted with either a modded-in extra gainstage or an overdrive pedal, so your best bet is getting a british sounding amp such as a marshall jcm 800 or superlead or like I did, a laney amp, some of which are able to get very, very marshall-similar tones, I know I can get awesome early-thrash tones with mine.

But in short, what you want is something similar to a marshall jcm 800 tube amp.
My gear:
Ibanez RG 570 w. Irongear pickups
Tokai EX-55 Korina Explorer
Laney VC50 w. Eminence speakers
Digitech Bad Monkey
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
ISP Decimator
Roland Cube 20X
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Quote by Trailen
Yeah, early thrash in general often used marshall tube amps boosted with either a modded-in extra gainstage or an overdrive pedal, so your best bet is getting a british sounding amp such as a marshall jcm 800 or superlead or like I did, a laney amp, some of which are able to get very, very marshall-similar tones, I know I can get awesome early-thrash tones with mine.

But in short, what you want is something similar to a marshall jcm 800 tube amp.

Thanks for the help man, and the one over u it sais in the link that its a 100 watt tube amp but it dosnt say wich one, sorry my engilsh is bad
See if you can get yourself a LANEY AOR. they're supposedly hot-rodded 800's
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...