I've been trying to get different things out of my Orange Dual Terror head and cab, using both the Fat channel and the TT channel.

I've had some success but really wanted to know if the UG community had anything else I could try.

I'll try anything, blues, rock, metal, whatever. I'm just trying to build up a knowledge of where to go on the amp if I want a particular sound.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I'll run a Les Paul or Strat straight into the Orange Duel Terror for this.

Guitar:
Gibson Les Paul Studio (Goldy)
Fender American Stratocaster (Blacky)

Amplifier:
Orange Dual Terror Head W/ Orange 1 x 12 Cab
Vox Valvetronix VT30

Pedals/Extras:
BOSS ME-70
BOSS Micro BR

Youtube: DaveTheOriginal
if it's anything like the tt (only tried the tt), then that's kinda what it sounds like

I guess you could try pedals? that's the usual approach to get a different tone out of an amp which is very much aimed at one tone... either drive, boost, fuzz or distortion pedals for a different type of dirty tone, or you could use things like delay, reverb, chorus and the like to add a bit more interest to your clean tones.

i guess you could use an eq too to adjust the tone of the thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I use a Boss ME-70 aswell and I love the general sound of the orange, you either like it or not since there is no really eq other than the tone, but I was wondering whether a slight changes of the gain or tone could be made to make it sound even more ****ing awesome!

Thanks for the post @Dave_Mc

Guitar:
Gibson Les Paul Studio (Goldy)
Fender American Stratocaster (Blacky)

Amplifier:
Orange Dual Terror Head W/ Orange 1 x 12 Cab
Vox Valvetronix VT30

Pedals/Extras:
BOSS ME-70
BOSS Micro BR

Youtube: DaveTheOriginal
no problem

well i mean you might as well fiddle about with the knobs as much as possible, just in case you can get it to sound different without spending money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any overdrive that cuts the bottom end and adds treble will be an immense help on that amp, or any Orange for that matter.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Mess around with every setting that you can on the amp, mess around with the EQ, if you have an EQ pedal mess around with that, and the setting on every pedal you own (if you have any). Guitar tone knobs, the lot.

Basically adjust every variable you can in your setup and see what the end results are.

Honestly though if my experience of Orange amps is everything to go by you're not going to have much variety to go with.

Once you've worked out a basic 'platform' then consider how you'd add different flavours to that (eg your choruses, delays, reverbs, phasers or whatever). I think it's important to find your sound and know what to do with it. Unfortunately that takes years of trial and error.

I'd say work out where you want your EQ first. Have your platform as a basic clean/slightly driven sound. Then work out where you'll go for something dirtier and the stages in between. You're not going to have a sound that's perfect for everything but at least you'll have your own and a good jump-to formula for certain things.

Then you can nail your compressed tone, or your wah-fuzz tone, or your spacey chorus-verb tone, and all that from that basic platform. When you listen to a guitar album you don't hear the guitarists' tone going everywhere. There's continuity from doing this sort of thing.

EDIT: I just read your posts above which I should've done first. I think it's pretty essential that you buy an EQ pedal. From there you can work out the rest.
Last edited by Duv at Jun 3, 2011,