So,
I recently bought a Godin Redline 3. It looks great and feels great.
But when I plugged it into my Valveking 112, the clean channel had less volume then with my other guitars and the distortion channel had no distortion and wasn't as loud as before.
To get distortion, I have to turn the Gain all the way up and also use the gain boost button.
But even then it's just slightly distorted.
With my other guitars there's no problem, so I'm sure there's something wrong with the pickups(EMG 81/85 combo).
I've already changed the batteries so that can't be the issue.

Can anyone help me?

Edit: The problem has been solved. I just had to change the cable

Just out of interest: What was wrong with my other cable? It worked fine with other guitars.
Last edited by gigerigi at Jun 3, 2011,
im going to assume that its a tube amp so maybe change those? i dont really have much knowledge or experience with peavey's though
Thanks for the answer!
Yes, it is a tube amp, but I don't think it has anything to do with the amp, because with other guitars it works fine.
its a shot in the dark, but, do you have your guitar's volume knob turned up...?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by grohl1987
The battery probably needs changing.

last thing TS said in his original post is that he already changed batteries.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Ah, missed that line.

Well, double check you fitted the new battery correctly and if that seems fine, open the guitar up and check every connection. If the guitar has the newer EMGs they should have the solderless connections so it will be easy to see if something has fallen out. If the pickups are the older design and soldered in, look for broken joints and look for dull-looking solder which can indicate a cold solder joint.

Also try using a new cable between the guitar and the amp.
Thanks everyone!

The problem has been solved. I just had to change the cable

Just out of interest: What was wrong with my other cable? It worked fine with other guitars.
Some cables fit better into different guitars. The only cables that work with my first guitar are the ones I bought with it. For some reason my monster cables just don't make a good connection with my first guitar, but they work fine on all my other guitars.
could have been the same issue some people can have with headphones. if u bend them too much, some of the thinner wires can fray and break causing for less current to move thru it > awful sound quality