Was reading up on Avenged Sevenfold's lead guitarist gear, he has Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invaders, just out of curiosity I googled them to see how much they would cost.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=sh-8+invader&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1680&bih=925&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2434676233384468226&sa=X&ei=t-7oTbG1A8aIhQepnpmPDA&sqi=2&ved=0CDcQ8wIwAw

£64?

Am I wrong to think this is cheap, I've never installed new pups on my guitar and I've never really looked into them. Are these expensive/average/cheap prices for pickups?
Standard price for new seymour duncans. Although the cheapest i've seen invaders for is £68
Cheap compared to Bareknuckles or other boutique pups but that's standard for Seymour Duncans.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
wow, they've gone down; used to be £68-69 at GAK. maybe it's £/$ exchange rate or something
I was just surprised to see that the pickups a guitarist uses of that kind...'calibre' using pickups at that price, I was expecting it to be in the hundreds. Do pups vary much in price?
lowest is £20-30 for humbuckers - look into irongear pickups and tonerider pickups. Most expensive brands are Bareknuckle - £100 for covered buckers, lundgren €160 for a single pickup!!! Q tuners, kinmans, kent armstrong. All boutique/cutting edge technology, very pricey. Dimarzio and SD fall into the middle - £60-80 for a humbucker
Not very many musicians use super expensive pickups - i.e. look at all the amazing players in dimarzios roster - the pups they use are no more than £80
Most expensive pickups: Seymour Duncan Silver series. They use silver wires instead of copper... That's around $2,500 a set. What's that in pounds?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
hmm about £1500 hahahha lol, yh i remember the press release for those, but there was no mention of price!!!! WOW!