Page 1 of 2
I dont know if there is already a thread for is, but whats the worst guitar you guys ever owned? :p
Well I've only owned one guitar. It's one of the worst I've played (the worst being a friend's Stix strat that was abso-fucking-lutely terrible) but I'm happy with it.
I have no sig
Quote by quinn_1888
Epiphone Special II

This, although i played it again recently and its not as bad as i remember
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Peavey Raptor. though i've only ever owned three guitars. i still use it as a lap steel.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
An Encore Strat. It was black and all it had was an Encore logo on the headstock.

It was playable, but the tone/pickups/wood was awful, and changing strings were really hard compared to the other guitars I had.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Quote by quinn_1888
Epiphone Special II

This x3.

It's a bag of shit.
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
Squire Strat. ****ing thing has fallen apart, the necks cracked, the body's cracked twice, the middle pickup screw-holes broke, all the knobs fell off, the tremolo arm and screw hole is busted, the bridge is rusting, the truss rod no longer works, the tuners are cheap as hell, can't stay in tune for more than 30 seconds, the pick guard is trashed...its held together by duct tape now
Music must be honest to be timeless.
A Kramer Pacer that my wife got me last year from Musician's Friend. It was a 99 dollar special and it was easily the worst piece of shit I ever played on. I had it for a couple of months before I found some high School kid who bought it off of me for $50.00.
Spectrum: Entry level strat from Kohl's. I worked there so I got it for $20 but still, sold it for 45 and the amp for 20.
Gear4Music Electric guitar ST [strat copy]

£80 piece of cr*p
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Most non custom gibsons, most non-MIJ/MIA Ibanez'es, most epiphones, about all Deans (yes, even the USA made ones are, compared to other brands of the same price class, far inferior), and all entry level crap.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by theogonia777
Peavey Raptor. though i've only ever owned three guitars. i still use it as a lap steel.

Same. It was my first guitar. Got it for like 100 bucks.
I don't use mine anymore, though.
Stagg S300. Just awful in every way.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
Stagg S300. Just awful in every way.

That's my guitar and I don't think it's that terrible Mediocre for sure, but not awful.
I have no sig
Owned? I'll have to go with the '64 Gretsch Clipper I had on my hands for about a year. It LOOKED really cool, but the pickup had scarcely any output (I had to turn my 50-watt, 2x12 tube amp up to 8-9 to get it to produce any sound at all), the bridge was falling apart and the neck was unfixably bowed due to a bad reset job. I sold it for what I paid for it, to a guy who buys guitars as wall art.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by Mr Winters
That's my guitar and I don't think it's that terrible Mediocre for sure, but not awful.

I despise it with every fibre of my being. Each to his own, though.
I find that the pickups sound like pasteurised turd, it can't stay in tune for more than about a minute and the bridge is hopeless. The only thing that isn't bad is the way it plays, which is mediocre at best.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
I despise it with every fibre of my being. Each to his own, though.
I find that the pickups sound like pasteurised turd, it can't stay in tune for more than about a minute and the bridge is hopeless. The only thing that isn't bad is the way it plays, which is mediocre at best.

Well, mine stays in tune pretty good. I agree that the bridge is terrible though.

But I find the neck to be quite comfortable to play. Nothing special, but it's a cheap ass guitar after all. Of course I've played guitars that kick the shit out of it, but I'm happy with it.
I have no sig
^That's the axe the other guitarist in my band wanted to buy, because, you know, it's br00tz and shit. He kept saying "nah, I'll change the pickups and it will be awesome".

I convinced him to forget it and look for another guitar. Now he wants to buy this
I have no sig
Worst guitar I've owned, my BC Rich Assassin for sure, the bridge pickup was killer and I loved the finish(black with red and blue cracks/lightningy stuff going all over it), but the neck felt like it was coated in glue, the guitar weighed an absolute ton(my ML weighs about half as much and the body was twice the size, I think that's pretty bad...xD), the licensed FR didn't stay in tune at ALL(though the guitar was from the late 80s, wasn't used by the owner and I got it 3 years ago, that might explain) and the middle and neck pickups(it was HSS) were pieces of crap. There was this little 2-way switch on it too that seemed to act as a slight volume boost but I never figured out what the heck it was actually supposed to be.

Worst guitar I've PLAYED, some Epi G400 at Long and McQuade. I'd heard nothing but raving about the G400(still do hear nothing about it), and, well, both pickups were horribly muddy and couldn't take any gain(I tried a MIM Strat, a MIA Tele and a MIA Strat too, neither of the MIAs lost clarity with gain half as much as this one and the MIM still took it better), the neck felt like it was made of glue AND felt like I was playing a brick(coming from someone who likes big necks), the neck dove and it still weighed as much as my BC Rich. Not to mention the thing was selling for $550 CDN(I got my BC Rich for $150 so I guess I can't complain).
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Am I the only person who has made a profit off of the world's worst guitar? I still can't believe I sold the guitar alone for as much as I sold it for.
Quote by TheDirkDiggler
squier strat - the frets are ****ed up and it makes me bleed

Could you be a little less vague?

For me it was SX telecaster clone. I ordered two and one of them had warped neck, both had misaligned bridges, and one it was so misaligned, that one of the bridge mounting screws was barely grabbing any wood.
Quote by Rice_Pilot
Could you be a little less vague?

For me it was SX telecaster clone. I ordered two and one of them had warped neck, both had misaligned bridges, and one it was so misaligned, that one of the bridge mounting screws was barely grabbing any wood.

The guitar literally makes my left hand bleed.
Quote by TheDirkDiggler
The guitar literally makes my left hand bleed.

Saying that you have a squier strat is the same thing as saying that you drive a honda.
Quote by Enix165
Worst guitar I've owned, my BC Rich Assassin for sure, the bridge pickup was killer and I loved the finish(black with red and blue cracks/lightningy stuff going all over it), but the neck felt like it was coated in glue, the guitar weighed an absolute ton(my ML weighs about half as much and the body was twice the size, I think that's pretty bad...xD), the licensed FR didn't stay in tune at ALL(though the guitar was from the late 80s, wasn't used by the owner and I got it 3 years ago, that might explain) and the middle and neck pickups(it was HSS) were pieces of crap. There was this little 2-way switch on it too that seemed to act as a slight volume boost but I never figured out what the heck it was actually supposed to be.

Worst guitar I've PLAYED, some Epi G400 at Long and McQuade. I'd heard nothing but raving about the G400(still do hear nothing about it), and, well, both pickups were horribly muddy and couldn't take any gain(I tried a MIM Strat, a MIA Tele and a MIA Strat too, neither of the MIAs lost clarity with gain half as much as this one and the MIM still took it better), the neck felt like it was made of glue AND felt like I was playing a brick(coming from someone who likes big necks), the neck dove and it still weighed as much as my BC Rich. Not to mention the thing was selling for $550 CDN(I got my BC Rich for $150 so I guess I can't complain).

Got any pics of tht bc rich?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
The Stagg V in my sig. My first guitar. The pickups are muddy and they just squeal horribly if you use any gain. The neck's warped and i found a piece of plastic inside the neck pocket to compensate for the twist (it's a bolt on of course) I got it for £70 with a really nice hardshell case. The guitar comes with the case rather than the other way around.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Mr Winters
^That's the axe the other guitarist in my band wanted to buy, because, you know, it's br00tz and shit. He kept saying "nah, I'll change the pickups and it will be awesome".

I convinced him to forget it and look for another guitar. Now he wants to buy this

Sir, I feel very sorry you have to put up with that.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
yeah there was a thread about this, and it ended up being a flamefest about every single brand known to man, with a huge debate between Blompcube (IIRC) and some other dude with Gibson being shit or not

As for me, the worse guitar I've had is a Yamaha Pacifica 012, which is an excellent guitar, it's just that I've had so many better ones since then =)
Page 1 of 2