who would actually pay about 3 and a half grand for a copy of someone elses guitar? i mean for that much you could a good custom guitar, so why would you get one that everybody anywhere is going to recognise as zakk wyldes guitar?
can anyone explain this mad phenomenon to me?
"If I buy his guitar I'll be as good as him"

Something like that. The only other thing is you want to play their songs and sound JUST like them.
I dropped almost 3 grand on my PRS Tremonti. Not because of the name associated with it, but because it had everything I was looking for in a high-end guitar.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Some people really enjoy the same specs as Zakk. This saves them the effort and setup.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
The only Artist sig guitars i'd get would be the Dime Slime burst Dean ML and a couple Sattiani sig guitars
Quote by JustRooster
Some people really enjoy the same specs as Zakk. This saves them the effort and setup.

this. if i found a signature guitar that i loved the feel and playability of i would prolly get it if i had the money, you could always get a new paintjob on it
I don't think its as much about thinking they are going to be as good as Zakk Wylde or that they are necessarily trying to be him. In my mind, its more about respect. When you respect an artist so much its easy to want to own the same piece of equipment. I for one, love Zakk Wylde and wouldn't mind having a duplicate of his guitar.
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
I think it looks cool and I can see fans wanting to have the same guitar he uses. Most signature guitars are rediculously marked up. They have an Epiphone version too for those on a budget. Same with the Slash guitars. As others have pointed out it's not just a Gibson thing.
I would only buy a signature model if it is A) as generic looking as possible and B) there is something really special about the guitar (at least special to me).
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
I had a dream the other night that zakk came to my house with a truck load of his personal guitars and let me take my pick. I love zakk wylde, he and I are very similar when it come to music and playing styles. We both love Gibson, especially the Les Paul. And we are both metal heads with classic rock roots. If I could have my own signature guitar, it probably wouldn't be too far away from zakk's.

That being said, I still wouldn't pay over three grand for someone else's signature guitar. Simply because that's THEIR signature guitar, made especially for them and their own sound. I would want to spend that much money just to sound like someone else, especially if I'm going to be using it professionally. I would hate to be seen as a copycat.

I think it's mainly for people who have money to piss away and love the guy. If I hade that kinda cash to burn, I'd maybe buy it, but it wouldn't be my main guitar or anything. Just something awesome I could toy around with when I'm not making my own legacy.
Also one reason why artists have their own signature guitar is so just in case they're on the road and for whatever reason they run out of guitars to play, they can go to the nearest guitar center, pick one up and are ready to play.

I'd assume three thou is chump change to zakk wylde.
i actually love the zakk wylde les paul, except for the name for the fact that its his signature guitar
hey i would drop 1599 on a yngwie strat any day. amazing pickups, scalloped fret board, brass nut, and sustains for days.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
hey i would drop 1599 on a yngwie strat any day. amazing pickups, scalloped fret board, brass nut, and sustains for days.

Well I don't exactly have the funds for a top quality signature guitar anyways. For $850 I can get the LTD Deluxe EC-1000, which has a lot of specs that appeal to me as much as Zakk's bull's-eye, but for a much cheaper price, AND I can make it my own.
i have no clue. why dont you ask the kid that plays guitar for Justin Bieber? apparently he uses a ZW LP haha (according to Zakk ina Guitar World interview)
Quote by shecter guy
i have no clue. why dont you ask the kid that plays guitar for Justin Bieber? apparently he uses a ZW LP haha (according to Zakk ina Guitar World interview)

That... Is the sadest thing I have ever heard... in my entire life..
But ironically enough, according to an acrticle I read, zakk himself is somehow proud of it... Idk how to react to that...
Zakk in insane so idk what to think lol. He just thinks its funny that the die hard fans get pissed off and the bieber fans have no clue who he is. Still, i think someone should hand him a jonas brothers model instead
I thoroughly agree. Or at least just a regular ol lp custom. Apparently the always loved zakk wylde as long as he could remember... But still, if he really loved him, he keep his name as far away from beibs as possible. But thats just IMHO
eh. im not that mad about it. honestly if Zakk hadnt said something in an interview i never would have knew it anyways
@schecter_guy I mean I'm not gonna start a riot over it or anything, it's just.... God I hate Justin bieber so f-ing much -_- lol

And actually, if you had never said anything, I never would have known about it.

@split-Burton I think there might be some truth to that. In fact, that statement kind of blew my mind a little bit.
Last edited by robertsanidiot at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by EspTro

I don't even like Malmsteen and I would buy this. It's a brilliant guitar.