Page 1 of 3
Searchbarred and found a "Festivals UK thread" and "Download 2011 thread" so I thought, if Download has their own, why can't Sonisphere?

So who's going this year, what bands you planning on seeing?

By the way, this isn't only for Sonisphere UK, there are loads of others all over Europe.

Also, did anyone make use of the "Buy 1 get one free" deal to go to another one?

Check out my fitness blog here
Was going to go, but then I was like "£400? neh."

Also, there's a festival I think, chap.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
Was going to go, but then I was like "£400? neh."

Also, there's a festival I think, chap.

£400?! It's like £170 dude
You guys in the UK get all the good shows...

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I can't ****ing wait, wasn't a massive metal fan until this year, was a Slipknot fan and was gutted when Paul Gray died as I never thought I would get the chance to see Slipknot so when they announced this, I couldn't not go! Also thought it would be cool to say I've seen the Big 4, friends came back from Leeds last year saying how good Weezer were live too! I can safely say that this festival has opened my eyes to metal and for that I will be grateful for a very long time!
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
I can't ****ing wait, wasn't a massive metal fan until this year, was a Slipknot fan and was gutted when Paul Gray died as I never thought I would get the chance to see Slipknot so when they announced this, I couldn't not go! Also thought it would be cool to say I've seen the Big 4, friends came back from Leeds last year saying how good Weezer were live too! I can safely say that this festival has opened my eyes to metal and for that I will be grateful for a very long time!

YES
Apparently Corey Taylor said in an interview which was somewhere on this site that he thinks this'll be one of their last shows

Yeah I saw Slayer and Anthrax at last years Sonisphere and have to say they (and the crowd) were brilliant.

Might see ya there!
Quote by maiden_man_666
YES
Apparently Corey Taylor said in an interview which was somewhere on this site that he thinks this'll be one of their last shows

Yeah I saw Slayer and Anthrax at last years Sonisphere and have to say they (and the crowd) were brilliant.

Might see ya there!

I'm pretty pumped for Slayer so I WILL be there!
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
I'm going with my Dad

Looking forward to Volbeat, Mastodon and loads others, especially the Sunday.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Theres like 4 acts there that i want to see, and one of them isnt a band. They're really milking this "big 4" tripe now.
Im going to Sonisphere festival here in Finland. We got Slipknot as the main act, so Im waiting for that but also cant wait for Stam1na!!!!! Also coming there: Opeth, Mastodon, Battle Beast, Rob Zombie, In Flames, Sonata Arctica, Poisonblack, Sylosis, Norther and Revoker.

Gonna be awesome!
I have to say i'm really looking forward to Opeth and Mastodon but I'm not sure what they'll be like in a festival set
Quote by maiden_man_666
I have to say i'm really looking forward to Opeth and Mastodon but I'm not sure what they'll be like in a festival set

Mastodon played Sonisphere in 2009 but I didn't know who they were then so I didn't watch them. Now I do know who they are, I'm very glad I've got a chance to see them again or I probably would've regretted it

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
I'm going with my Dad

Looking forward to Volbeat, Mastodon and loads others, especially the Sunday.

I'm going as well It's going to be great. Amazing line-up this year. I'm kinda hoping Mastodon stick to the whole of Crack the Skye + their best of.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
The Marssssss Voltaaaaaaaaaaa
There is more than one thing i have to say...
MON THE BIFF!

Pity I'm not going.

LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
If Motorhead aren't headlining, there's been a clerical error somewhere.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
I'm going, not sure where I'm camping yet though. Going with a large group of friends.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'd go for the Saturday and Sunday, but the big 4 doesn't appeal to me enough to spend so much money on it.
**** being unemployed
Quote by UraniYum
If Motorhead aren't headlining, there's been a clerical error somewhere.

They're headlining Bloodstock this year (which I think I'm also going to )
Quote by hugh20
I'm going as well It's going to be great. Amazing line-up this year. I'm kinda hoping Mastodon stick to the whole of Crack the Skye + their best of.

Hmm, not sure I like the idea of that to be honest. I like all the songs on the album, but I think the longer ones might get a bit boring in an environment like that. It also depends on the length of their set as well though.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Hmm, not sure I like the idea of that to be honest. I like all the songs on the album, but I think the longer ones might get a bit boring in an environment like that. It also depends on the length of their set as well though.

I think they did what I said at Sonisphere 2009, but I see what you mean. As long as they play the Czar at least, i'm fine. Prog epics aren't suited to fields and festivals.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I'm going but only got a camping ticket from friday. Hoping there'll be space aha

But really looking foward to it, always go to Soni but my 1st time camping
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i'm going, rolo tomassi, weezer, biffy clyro, all time low, slipknot, and plenty more I like so should be good
Coventry City Chicago Bears
I think the line up actually justifies how expensive tickets are, really. I'd go see a lot of those bands individually, so together, it's almost cut price.
I'm going with about 50 people in our entourage, all camping together. I don't think i'm actually gonna sleep properly for 4 nights...It's gonna be absolutely amazing.
Also, if you can, it's worth checking out the Virgin Mary's (Jagermeister tent, saturday).
Saw them at download last year and was really impressed. Really stood out compared to the rest of the unsigned bands. Chatted with them afterwards and they were all good people.
I'm trying to get a gig with them with my band...but they might be taking off a bit too fast for us to get involved...
Quote by dnamra13

when i was waiting for slayer there was a guy who kept on touching his **** in public i was like HELL NO !!!. what the F*** is wrong with this place.

I gig around London, UK, check us out/add us

www.facebook.com/follly
www.follly.com
Quote by hugh20
I think they did what I said at Sonisphere 2009, but I see what you mean. As long as they play the Czar at least, i'm fine. Prog epics aren't suited to fields and festivals.

They'd better play Oblivion or Ima be mega pissed off

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Just got my sonisphere ticket through the post
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
^ Same

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Haven't got my ticket yet :/ looking forward to Friday and Sunday but on Saturday I'm not too big on any of the Apollo or Saturn stage bands. T'will be my green day.
Quote by UraniYum
If Motorhead are playing, there's been a clerical error somewhere.

Fixed.

Already seen each of the Big 4 individually, but it'll still be awesome to see them like this.
Everyone else I pretty much have to see:
Diamond Head
Firewind
Richard Cheese
Paradise Lost
Black Spiders
Slipknot
Mastodon
Arch Enemy
BILL F'KING BAILEY
Opeth
Airbourne
In Flames
Alestorm

Kinda annoyed that those bands are mainly on Sunday, having an entire day to do nothing but drink only just compensates for running back and forth between stages to try and get a decent spot.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I went to Download and it was awesome, but this is the first time I've seen the Sonisphere lineup for this year and I think I just came. Richard Cheese, Bill Bailey, Big 4, Opeth. Bugger me that looks good. Wish I could afford it :/

edit: also, listening to richard cheese again for the first time in ages. forgot how much i ****ing love that man.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Jun 18, 2011,
Quote by Perfection 101

Kinda annoyed that those bands are mainly on Sunday, having an entire day to do nothing but drink only just compensates for running back and forth between stages to try and get a decent spot.

Kind of the same with me. For me, most of the bands I want to see (Slipknot, Motorhead, Mastodon, Volbeat, Orange Goblin) are on the Sunday, but the Saturday's still got Sum 41, Weezer and Cavalera Conspiracy.

If you don't like the bands on the big stages then it's worth mooching around the smaller ones instead. You might find a band you've never heard of before but like.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
After seeing the line-up i decided to start saving moneyz to book a holiday to the UK with some Sonisphere goodness for next year
Oh and EVERYONE on here should go see Sons of Icarus since we got a UG'er in there ofcourse
Quote by SlipknotRule93
If you don't like the bands on the big stages then it's worth mooching around the smaller ones instead. You might find a band you've never heard of before but like.

Aye, that's how I discovered Black Spiders so I'll probably be doing that this year... Sneaking beer into the arena isn't that hard
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I would go for sure but I'm in Europe that weekend. At least I have Bloodstock and Wintersun to look forward too.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Benjami
After seeing the line-up i decided to start saving moneyz to book a holiday to the UK with some Sonisphere goodness for next year
Oh and EVERYONE on here should go see Sons of Icarus since we got a UG'er in there ofcourse

Yes I know! If there are no clashes, I shall see them
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
wish i could go to this but i live in the US. i really want to see slipknot so hopefully they come here in 2012 (maybe they could play mayhem 2012?).

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Wow, a lot of good bands with a lot of shitty ones. I'd go if I didn't live thousands of miles from the U.K.
Page 1 of 3