What's up guys,
I was going to write out a whole paragraph and ramble on like an idiot but I decided to shorten it up. I just ordered a Carvin SB4000 bass and I plan on buying a Carvin BX500 head. I need a cabinet to combine with the head and make my bass sound amazing. Suggestions are appreciated. Also will I need a cabinet with a 500w+ to use my head or could I use one with 300watts? Just curious.
Find me a cabinet, you all have yet to fail me and I trust your knowledge,
Thanks.
if there's something better than I'm all for it. I hear nothing but good reviews from Carvin but maybe there's something out there that will provide me with louder sound for the cheaper price. I'm going to go in today and try out the amplifiers. I was just looking for other people's opinions on cabinets. This is my first bass so I don't want to end up making a faulty purchase and regretting it later you know?
If you get an 8-ohm cab, it will have to handle 300W and if you get a 4-ohm cab, it'll have to handle 500W.

Apart from that, it's up to you what sound/size you want.

NEO or not?
Aluminuim?
10s? 12s? 15s?
Is weight an issue?

etc.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
So you're saying if the head is running at 8ohms than it will max out at 300watts no matter which cabinet I use? What's the difference between 8ohms and 4ohms? Weight is not an issue, speaker size is not an issue, I was thinking about buying neo speakers hoping the life span will be longer. Specifications aren't my main focus, all I need is something that will sound amazing live and will last a long time.
I couldn't say if NEO cabs would last longer or not.

The cab is the part that decides the resistance (Ohms). If you buy an 8 ohm cab, you'll get 300w, if you buy a 4ohm cab, you'll get 500w from your head.

And you should probably get yourself an idea of the speaker config that you want at least, even if you don't care about the rest of the specs.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by bassman10101
behringer.

[/thread]

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by Cb4rabid

and so it begins...

It never ended. The only thing that changes is how much fuel is being thrown on the fire. And by fuel I mean Behringers, and by fire I mean an actual fire.

Someone bring the marshmallows and the acoustic guitar.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Seeing you've mentioned no budget I'm going to go ahead and recommend; Bergantino, Aguliar, Schroeder and Euphoric Audio.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Seeing you've mentioned no budget I'm going to go ahead and recommend; Bergantino, Aguliar, Schroeder and Euphoric Audio.

Thank you for recommending something other than a behringer. I'lll do some research on those brands. I went to Carvin today and tried the BX500 head with both the BR410 and the BR210. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Anyways, so I played both and they sounded different than each other. On the 210, you could hear the tone of the bass a lot more clear than you could using the 410. I'm curious as to why it did that. Also, the thing I loved most about the setup I was using was that there was no feedback at all. It was amazing.
With the 4x10, the vibrations are going out and because of the sqaure setup of the speakers, many vibrations are being muddled together reducing clarity. Two 2x10's stacked vertically or even a 1x15 with a 2x10 aligned vertically is a great rig.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul