Alright i currently have a kustom quad jr. half stack which i love, but im needing that heavier tone. but can it do it all like it says they can. can they really do all kinds of tones. im looking at the mesa dual rectifier. so Pro's and Con's
if I wanted a mesa for tone variety id look to a Mark V or maybe a road king...I had a mesa trem o verb a few years back and loved it for high gain riffage, but it seemed like I couldnt get it to crunch the way I wanted, either too much gain or not enough
Os Abysmi Vel Daath
Its all preference. I think its all worth it. One can do cleans, crunch and metal. We all know what metal bands use them but foo fighters also get their tonez (at least some of them) from rectifiers.

Pro's - Tone.
Con's - Price.

'Nuff said.
me personally...there is no way in hell id run a recto thru a low end kustom cab....that heads low end would murder those speakers
Os Abysmi Vel Daath
well if the cabs wattage is at least the wattage of the mesas, and the ohmage matches. If those are fine then why not.

Just noticed, wrong forum. Dont want to sound like a dick but this should be in GG&A.
In my humble opinion you get more than what you pay for with Mesas. Especially the Mark V...

Quote by fc89konkari

Just noticed, wrong forum. Dont want to sound like a dick but this should be in GG&A.

This, too. *reported for move*
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
even though Mesa is relatively expensive (especially here in europe) you easily get what you pay for

admittedly £3500 for a brand new Road King is a bit mental but it is simply incredible

if you have the cash for a Mesa i'd go for it, and yes it can run through your cabinet as long as you match the impedances correctly
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I would look at Soldano and Bogner first, but hell. If you have that kind of cash, go crazy. It's certainly not like yr getting a lemon.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If you can afford a Dual Rectifier, you are definitely in range of a Mark V which is simply more versatile, but equally powerful as the Recto. I struggle to find a genre of music that the Mark V would have difficulty with.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.