Page 1 of 4
The controversial man known as Dr. Death has died. He's famous for his work in assisted suicide.

many sources

Do you agree or disagree with his work? Should he be considered a murderer?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
He was severely ****ed up.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
He did god's work.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
He didn't kill anyone who didn't want it. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Was his death assisted?

But well...uhm...I guess he did what he thought was right..(I am assuming that all he did was help people who wanted to die, die and not force people to die like many tell me he did).
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
The Youth in Asia in today's times have no idea what it means to earn a dollar
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
RIP Dime
RIP Rev

EDIT: Thinking of the wrong guy. I don't necessarily support it but he was doing what people wanted. People shouldn't have to live indefinitely if they don't want to.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 3, 2011,
Though I don't want to be pleased about someone's death I think the world will be a better place without him. Even if you do agree with euthanasia for elderly/sick people (which I don't) he was responsible for encouraging and instructing teenagers on how to comit suicide, which as far as I'm concerned is incredibly messed up.

Also, he wasn't a real doctor, his degree was either never finished or withdrawn, I can't remember which.
-TimmyExtreme-
I don't see a problem with assisted suicide in a medical way like that. If you want to die, then die
The Pit is seriously f*cked up. Do you realize that suicide is a mistake with serious consequences? Most people who commit suicide go through rough times (obviously), but what they didn't realize is that it would pass. If you support suicide for the sake of "freedom of choice", especially on a personal level, then I have lost all faith in The Pit and a lot in humanity.

EDIT: This post is directed towards the general "right to die". I'm too lazy to read up on him, but if it was for suicide under an illness etc. then disregard
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by Geebz
The Youth in Asia in today's times have no idea what it means to earn a dollar

... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
I think people should have the right to choose to live or die...only if they aren't messed in the head.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by ethan_hanus
A permanent solution to a temporary problem as my wood shop teacher always said.

Sometimes years at a time might seem like it's permanent

Quote by ethan_hanus

I could care less about the guy, the less attention he gets the less famous he'll be.

You mean you couldn't? (I may be a bit of a grammar nazi with this phrase)
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by bingeandletgo
The Pit is seriously f*cked up. Do you realize that suicide is a mistake with serious consequences? Most people who commit suicide go through rough times (obviously), but what they didn't realize is that it would pass. If you support suicide for the sake of "freedom of choice", especially on a personal level, then I have lost all faith in The Pit and a lot in humanity.

EDIT: This post is directed towards the general "right to die". I'm too lazy to read up on him, but if it was for suicide under an illness etc. then disregard

He required all of his patients to go through a mental health evaluation and prove that they were terminally ill. He declined to work with many potential patients because they were clinically depressed or had some other condition affecting their decision making.

OT: Kevorkian's work is to be commended. He fought for the dignity of those who desperately needed it.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by rock.freak667
Sometimes years at a time might seem like it's permanent

You mean you couldn't? (I may be a bit of a grammar nazi with this phrase)

Maybe, but its just the way this generation thinks, they refuse to find the joy in anything, cause they think joy has to find them.

Either way is correct, I hate the English language because you can say the same thing 5 different ways.
Quote by Das_Skittles
He required all of his patients to go through a mental health evaluation and prove that they were terminally ill. He declined to work with many potential patients because they were clinically depressed or had some other condition affecting their decision making.

OT: Kevorkian's work is to be commended. He fought for the dignity of those who desperately needed it.

In that case, that is very reasonable.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo

Yeah, he killed terminally ill people dude.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
1. Temporary is not the issue. If your life is so terrible that you don't want to go through another second of it, it's not up to anyone else to tell you that you have no right to die.
2. By saying it's only temporary, you're making a baseless assumption. Some people's lives suck all the way through. And just because it got better for others doesn't mean it will for the people who want to die.
3. I think assisted suicide should be 100% legal. However, there should be mandatory counseling before and after (haha) to talk to the person who wants to die, and should only be available to those of/over the age of majority (except for terminal illnesses). These counseling sessions should be done by those with degrees in both psychiatry and psychology to introduce an alternate POSSIBLE solution to those in need. However, regardless of the result of the counseling sessions, or lack thereof, once they have been concluded, the person should be able to choose assisted suicide. Nobody else has the right to tell anyone they can't die.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Maybe, but its just the way this generation thinks, they refuse to find the joy in anything, cause they think joy has to find them.

Either way is correct, I hate the English language because you can say the same thing 5 different ways.

And no, both phrases DO NOT mean the same thing. "I could not care less" means that you cannot possibly care less. "I could care less" means that you still care to a certain extent.
Quote by Das_Skittles

But that's not all he did. He also had websites giving instructions on how to kill yourself, which people used, many of whom definately weren't terminally ill.

And even so, whether someone should die or not is not the sort of decision a dodgy old man with little or no medical training should be making.

He made a living from killing other people. Whether or not they wanted to die I think this is digusting.
-TimmyExtreme-
Last edited by TimmyExtreme at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by TimmyExtreme
But that's not all he did. He also had websites giving instructions on how to kill yourself, which people used, many of whom definately weren't terminally ill.

And even so, whether someone should die or not is not the sort of decision a dodgy old man with little or no medical training should be making.

People sought him out. He didn't kidnap people in his van and kill them. He posted ads, and people responded; hence, he was not the one making the decisions.

EDIT: and he didn't get paid for his services. He was 70 when he started.
i didn't know he was still alive.

any of you ever heard any of his music?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
He is a modern giant of civil rights, and brought peace to many who, with few other supporters to turn to, had difficult decisions to make. RIP.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by trueamerican

And no, both phrases DO NOT mean the same thing. "I could not care less" means that you cannot possibly care less. "I could care less" means that you still care to a certain extent.

Same meaning and you know it. Technicalities is what your getting at, grammar nazi.
Quote by trueamerican
EDIT: and he didn't get paid for his services. He was 70 when he started.

Sorry, didn't research that point properly.

He was still a murderer though
-TimmyExtreme-
Quote by ethan_hanus

*insert shitstorm*

While I agree the current generation is full of plenty of ungrateful bastards who have "lost" the ability to appreciate simple things in life, some people really are terminally ill. I think it's a bad generalization on your part to say that since the current generation has people who can help themselves but choose not to, then the people who can't help themselves will have to suffer as well.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Nope. They in no way have the same meaning, regardless of what idiots think. And I'm not the one who brought it up, but once you tried to justify your erroneous belief, I was annoyed and responded. In fact, I'm so NOT a grammar Nazi that I'm not going to point out the ****ed up grammar in your last gem of a post.
Quote by TimmyExtreme

He was a licensed physician, and assisted with the suicides of people who had undergone mental health evaluations and had exhausted all medical options for getting better.

And thousands of websites give instructions for suicide. I'll do it right now: Run tubing from exhaust pipe to mouth, shut garage door, start car, die. That wasn't that complicated, was it?

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by ethan_hanus

Mr Pratchett is left speechless by your nonsense.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TimmyExtreme
Sorry, didn't research that point properly.

He was still a murderer though

I would disagree with that. Murder is the act of killing someone without their consent. Legally? Yeah, he unlawfully terminated lives. But laws don't justify themselves.
the terminally ill who just wanted to get it over with have every right to die sooner if they wish.

RIP Dr. Kervorkian.
Go Veg.
Quote by bradulator
*insert shitstorm*

While I agree the current generation is full of plenty of ungrateful bastards who have "lost" the ability to appreciate simple things in life, some people really are terminally ill. I think it's a bad generalization on your part to say that since the current generation has people who can help themselves but choose not to, then the people who can't help themselves will have to suffer as well.

Maybe, but I think that there is no excuse to not be happy, plenty of people have overcome impossible odds against illnesses, if they can do it then everyone else should be as well.

That's another thing with our generation, they give nothing but excuses and say they have this illness or problem and that's why they can't be happy. That's just hoggwash to me, if you have a problem, then figure out a way to fix it or get around it, don't just sit there and have a pity party.
Page 1 of 4