I see a lot of starter guitar topics on here and always see people suggesting a bullet strat. I realise that is the lowest end Squier available, but why don't people suggest the affinity series, its not too much more, and is a bit better, plus they could get a tele if they want. Any reason behind this?
The affinity just isn't so much better that it's worth the extra 60. (In the UK it tends to be £90 for the bullet and £150 for the affinity)
My first guitar was an Affinity Strat, and I still use it even now. It's a well made instrument and it completely captures the "Strat" tone and ideal. My friend has a Fender Mexican Strat which both I and he believe my Affinity to be superior in terms of build quality.

Other cheap guitars which I purchased after my Strat, thinking them to be superior in my youth, namely an Epiphone SG Special and an Aria XL Series, have since been sold or dispensed with - yet the Strat remains.

Go to your local guitar shop, try out both and decide for yourself which is better to play and better sounding, but I'd certainly say that an Affinity is worth the money.
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
Quote by Beauty/Broken
My first guitar was an Affinity Strat, and I still use it even now. It's a well made instrument and it completely captures the "Strat" tone and ideal. My friend has a Fender Mexican Strat which both I and he believe my Affinity to be superior in terms of build quality.

Other cheap guitars which I purchased after my Strat, thinking them to be superior in my youth, namely an Epiphone SG Special and an Aria XL Series, have since been sold or dispensed with - yet the Strat remains.

Go to your local guitar shop, try out both and decide for yourself which is better to play and better sounding, but I'd certainly say that an Affinity is worth the money.

I have an affinity tele that I love to death. It is amazing. I'm not a strat fan personally I was just wondering why the affinity isn't recommended over the bullet and seems to get bashed more.
Ummm.... people do recommend the Affinity series?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
low end guitars tend to take a beating on forums regardless of brand. often someone tries one out that hasn't been set up and then judges them to be shit. of course there are tons of bandwagon jumpers that have little or no experience with a giv en guitar but don't want to appear "uncool" so they bash to. the trick with low end guitars is to try as many as you can to find he good ones. quality often varies greatly with them so finding a meh one is pretty easy. this is often how they are judged instead of by a prime example. nothing wrong with a Squier just don't expect miracles in terms of sound and playability.
its not that the affinities aren't worthy of being recommended, they are rather decent for the money. I think alot of the problem stems from the fact that alot of kids have a very tight budget for a guitar, amp, cable, tuner, picks and strings. in such an instance, the $50, or whatever it is, difference is better spent getting a slightly better amp than a slightly better guitar
Quote by K33nbl4d3
The affinity just isn't so much better that it's worth the extra 60. (In the UK it tends to be £90 for the bullet and £150 for the affinity)

this^

like why pay an extra 100 bux for crap. I would take the cheaper crap lol.

for real tho get online. You can get MIMs for under 300 if you look hard and affinity's are like 200.
ive even seen MIMs w scratches and stuff for like 100. paint means nothing.
I've really liked th bullets that I've played. Morso than the affinitys. But honestly, my favorite strat I've eve played is a classic vibe '50s. It was soooo awesome in every regard. I regret not buying it because I've yet to find another strat that good. I think classic vibes are by far the best squier you can get so that's what I recommend people
Quote by ethan_hanus
The Affinity is leaps and bounds better than the Bullet series. Still crap though. If you were to buy a Squier, I would highly recommend you buy one of the Classic Vibe series.

This.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
in an edit/reply tho. I have some dudes beastin' on squiers. new electronics and all however. If you can find this rare squier, go for it. IMO finding a MIM with little to know effort of the same quality and price then replacing electronics. wayyyy easier. Dont doubt the squier tho. One of the best big local blues/jazz guys in my area plays one and he is killer.
personally, I would rather people recommend beginners get mid level, not entry...

Something they can play and rock on for a few years, ya know?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.