I Have a roadhouse Strat that has a mexican strat bridge and im trying to get ideas for raising the action aside from adjusting the bridge saddles...I adjusted the individual saddles but they really didnt raise it much before i ran out of screw on the saddles... There are six screws towards the front of the bridge but im unsure of if they can raise action or are they just there to hold something in place...

my only other option is to upgrade the bridge....

I tend to dig in some and the strings hit the frets some when im fretting high, and i'm using 11s.
You could use the truss rod to bring more bow into the neck, but that will really just effect the higher frets. The result will be a guitar which feels a bit higher action near the nut, but is unplayable in the higher frets.

Other than that, or raising the saddles, the only other option is a new nut. The six screws holding the bridge on are the pivots, they dont affect action.

With what you are describing, i would try the truss rod.
Quote by hawk5211
You could use the truss rod to bring more bow into the neck, but that will really just effect the higher frets. The result will be a guitar which feels a bit higher action near the nut, but is unplayable in the higher frets.

I don't know much, but surely the truss rod is not meant for action adjustments? That'd lie in the bridge and nut...?
meh, works for me on my strats. Your neck could be a bit too flat (my MIA strat was too flat from the factory), and like you I run 11's, and they do fret out a bit.

Whatever you want to do pal, for me its easier than putting in a new nut.
Quote by hawk5211
meh, works for me on my strats. Your neck could be a bit too flat (my MIA strat was too flat from the factory), and like you I run 11's, and they do fret out a bit.

Whatever you want to do pal, for me its easier than putting in a new nut.

If it's a truss issue, he should check the neck. If it's action and your adjusting the truss rod, you're doing it for no good reason and probably are gonna mess up the guitar.

I'm sure it's easier, but maybe not right.

Edit: Quote from the top site when searching "Adjusting truss rod".

"First, only use the rod to keep your neck as straight as it needs to be…do not use it to adjust your action!"
^True, DO NOT use the truss rod for action adjustment. Those 6 screws are meant for holding the bridge in place, do not tighten them, and don't loosen them either.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
May not be your thing, but I put some Graphtech saddles on my 50's Classic MIM, due to not wanting to break strings as often as I was, and they allow me to set the height nicely.

That being said, one mans perfect action is another mans nightmare.
Have the Mexican Strats got Micro-tilt on them? If so, loosen off the strings, loosen the neck bolts, unscrew the Micro-tilt grub screw so it's not touching the neck, tighten everything back up and see how she feels. If there's no Micro-tilt, or that doesn't alter the action enough, then a good old fashioned neck shim will achieve the same thing, but you'll need the neck right off to do that...
You could try replacing the saddles like how DeadlySurfer said. The vintage bent steel saddles aren't that adjustable, but there are more modern ones that are more adjustable. Maybe changing the Saddles will help, and they aren't that expensive, as well.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi