Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone!

im in the market for a good bedroom amp, i play mostly rock(scorpions, guns n roses) but from time to time i like to do some metal (metallica, megadeth) so i need a bedroom amp that does these styles for about 2000 dollars.

What do you think i should take a look at?
I think 2000 dollars would buy you practically any mainstream bedroom amp in the world. Do you want a combo amp or a head and cabinet?
Blackstar HT- Club 40. Around $699 and MORE than enough. Read the reviews, watch the demo videos on Youtube and their site. This leaves you $1300 for a new guitar.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Last edited by JohnnyNash at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by Zeppoholic
Marshall MA amp... They are truly beautiful.

For 2k this is not what he wants.

I suggest that you look into Orange amplification. They have distorted tones better than anything you have ever heard and you can get a real nice combo from them right in that price range.
Last edited by Tyler.Allain at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyNash
Blackstar HT- Club 40.

Good choice - other amps I can point the TS to, Peavey Classic 30 is good for rock, not so much for metal. Peavey 6505 is one of THE amps for metal, not as good for rock. The Orange Rocker is a good amp for rock. The Vox Nightrain is quite nice, but pretty low gain.

My favorites out of them would be the Blackstar and the Orange.
Quote by pag_slash_2
I think 2000 dollars would buy you practically any mainstream bedroom amp in the world. Do you want a combo amp or a head and cabinet?

both will do, im mainly look at head and cab but if i find a combo i really like then i just might buy that
Quote by dopelope
Damn $2k to spend? You got nice parents.

Yeah well.... Im going to work my ass of this summer
I'd recommend buying all the amps mentioned.....they should fit in your budget.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Carvin V3m can be had for $600
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
By bedroom amp, do you mean it needs to sound good at low volumes? Or just that it needs to be a small size?

Anyway first thing that comes to mind is a Peavey JSX, or you can wait for the XXX II to come out (same amp, new name and new housing, and it will be cheaper since it doesn't have JS's name on it). It's perfect for what you said you wanted.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 3, 2011,
2k and we're suggesting Marshall MA's and HT40's? With that budget you may as well get a good high wattage amp, as long as it has a master volume, you can turn it down and still use pre amp gain, and it will sound infinitely better than a practice amp.

For your styles maybe look at a Mesa Stiletto, Soldano SLO, An Axe FX may work if you're heavily into tweaking and don't mind a bit of complication.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Bro, at that budget we're looking at some real sweet stuff.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/2875/Cornford-Carrera-1x12quot-Combo/ The king of all bedroom amps. I've played one - once - and I almost just threw it under my arm and legged it out of the store.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Soldano-Astroverb-16-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-483492-i1424848.gc Never played this one specifically, but Soldanos are amazing. One of my great regrets was selling my SP-77 preamp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
Carvin V3m can be had for $600

this
What about:

Mesa Boogie TA15 or TA30
Blackstar Artisan 15
Orange Tiny or Duel Terror
Vox Night Train 15
Marshall Haze 15
THD Univalve
Last edited by cm0469 at Jun 3, 2011,
Oh yeah, some of the posters in this thread seriously need some more imagination.

You might even be able to find a guy who can build you a custom amp for a good price.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
You can get the Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic 15 for about $900 on Sweetwater. Throw in another $350 should get you a cab new. That'll leave you money for a new guitar.

Alternatively the TA30 should be about $1500

Or if you could stretch another $300, you can get a Mark V combo brand new.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
New only or are used amps in play?

I agree a new ta30 would be fine. Worked at low volumes well when I tried it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 4, 2011,
Quote by oggen_swe

And a huge effin atta boy for that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Offworld92
By bedroom amp, do you mean it needs to sound good at low volumes? Or just that it needs to be a small size?

Amps that sound good at low volumes
Baron Snott Watt.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Soldano I posted earlier is exactly what you need.
Quote by Cathbard
Mark IV. It'll do rock and Metallica. And it's an amazing bedroom amp.

I'm not even joking. The lowest volume vs. it being on about 3 (which is fairly cranked and way over what it should be for a drummer), there's barely a tone different. To your ears it sounds better cranked, but when you mic it up you wouldn't know. Change a couple switches, you bring it down to 30 watts and it's even better,

But I can't see you even needing that much power, it's just the only thing I can suggest because I own one.
A Marshall MG100DFX

I'm kidding. Seriously, with that kinda money you may as well buy a new guitar as well. As for the amp, well I'm not sure they make practice amps for that price!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by oggen_swe

Perhaps you should invest the money in remedial English classes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Perhaps you should invest the money in remedial English classes.

Yeah... if you can't understand what I meant by that, you definitely need them.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by oggen_swe
Yeah well.... I'm going to work my ass off this summer

^^^He's pointing out a few small grammatical errors while simultaneously proving he's a twat.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Your could get a Mesa Boogie Mark V for about $2,200. You can choose how many watts you want (10, 45, 90), the 10 watt always sounds good at a low volume (at least to me it does). Plus you can play just about every style of music with that amp. One of the best purchases I've made.
Quote by robertito696
^^^He's pointing out a few small grammatical errors while simultaneously proving he's a twat.

What he said.

Also, you forgot a comma in your edit.

Page 1 of 2