So I did my sort of annual setup on my Les Paul Standard '08 and I've been having real problems keeping it in tune ever since. I've never had these problems before (except for the G string of course at times), and I was thinking if anyone have hade this problem before? The tuning goes flat when i bend string and sometimes sharp during rhythm figures.

I've been looking round and people who have the same problem seem to have problem with the nut. Can't really figure ou how that can be the problem since I didn't even touch it, except when I changed strings. My own theory is that it has something to do with the truss rod setting, but I'm not sure.

Appreciate any help I can get!
Quote by Delboyuk_01
What did your annual set up involve? did you adjust the action/height etc?

Basically i adjusted the truss ros and the the bridge to get the action right and even and to prevent string buzz. I also intonated it after I was happy with the adjustments, and after that I tightened some of the screws on the machine heads to get an even sort of tension when tuning the guitar.
Quote by Delboyuk_01
Screws on the machine heads? I take it you mean the ones on the back of the headstock? Were they loose?
Did you lower or higher the action?

Nope, the locking tuners on Standard '08 have screws on the top of the machine heads which adjust the tension for when you turn the machine heads. I lowered the action.
Quote by Delboyuk_01
OK, I get what you mean, I take it the strings are the same gauge as you usually use as well?
I'm not sure what the problem could be then, I take it that the truss rod adjustment has had time to settle as well?

Yep, it's the same gauge. Yeah, I'm sure it has had time to settle, I did the setup about three weeks ago.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Why did you even do a set up on it in the first place?

Because I wasn't happy with the action at higher frets.
It might be that your saddles have worn unevenly and the strings are catching on them (in which case the timing of the setup is just a coincidence.)
Quote by jpnyc
It might be that your saddles have worn unevenly and the strings are catching on them (in which case the timing of the setup is just a coincidence.)

It might be. Well, basically I'm lost here, so I'm just gonna hand it in to my local tech. Thanks anyway, everybody!