I decided to stop playing metal constantly about two months ago. That is when I started practising my fingerpick skills seriously. Now I wrote this little tune and I'd like to know what others think of it.

C4C as usual.

PS: I've uploaded a recording of this piece for you to (properly) hear. You can find it on my profile... I'm still a novice when it comes to solid fingerpicking technique but it's a decent enough recording.
Attachments:
GDEm.gp5
Yeah
Last edited by TehDutchDude at Jun 3, 2011,
This sounds like your picking is pretty tight. The recording that is. It is a nice tune and I believe it could be extended into a longer piece that could tell a story. It is almost like a piece that shows a time of peace between conflicts, y'know?
Cool, thanks. And yeah, I get the same feeling when playing this tune. Sort of "good times from days gone by" kinda feel.
Yeah
ey man , really love this , really nice melody , allthough i slightly changed the melody only at the first 4 bars , makes it a bit fuller imo

anyway id like to see where you go with this , it could become something really good , if you can manage to maintain this cind of quality throughout the song.
Attachments:
GDEm.gp5
Last edited by MobiuZ at Jun 4, 2011,