I have a broken X2N
The problem is that it is awfully noisy (it is not the environment or the amp/interface, even my Squier telecaster has less noise).
So i took it out of my guitar (A Les Paul Baritone) and i took the tape of and i noticed that the wire that is soldered to the back plate of the pickup ( the ground) is broken.
That could be the source of the problem, but also a screw form the back plate is missing ( Really i don't even know what are they for).
Should i just solder beck that wire? that would solve the problem?
Maybe it would be better to give it to a professional, who can repair it, but I'M really short on cash right now. (can't find a damn job for 3 months now)
I attached an image of the pickup's wiring.
Any help, ideas appreciated .

Rock on!
Attachments:
broken500.jpg
Eh, I can't see nuts from wire and galoob.

Can you circle where the wire seems to have broken off?

If there is enough give in the wiring, what you can do is to tape the wire to the metal plate and see if that'll make the white noise go away.

However, as I don't know where the wire comes and goes from its gonna be kinda hard. Where is the point where the ground snapped in twain? Can't you just get twist the 2 snapped parts together and put a shrink hose over it?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The bare wire that just hang in the air (the lowest silver color) the shield is what not connected.
I already soldered it back, but the noise is just the same, maybe 2-3 db quieter but thats all.
I just have no idea what could cause this ( as i just soldered to the output, to eliminate some problem sources) .
One note: The noise gets much more quiet when i touch the ground, but it is still present.
(my other guitar has no noise at all)
Quote by Nemui-Kuma

One note: The noise gets much more quiet when i touch the ground, but it is still present.

The includes the bridge.

I thought about bad grounding, but the ground from the pickup, the negative and the cable from the bridge are soldered to the output jacks negative.
Are you sure it's this pick up?

Most pick ups have a slight buzz when using gain so when you touch your bridge and it decreases a lot then maybe thats just how it is.

You could try shielding your cavity, also check your pots haven't got loose wires. Apart from that I dont know what it could be unless the pick up has just a slight buzz and the guitar isnt grounded
i had an x2n in a previous guitar and had a similar issue. i think one of the biggest things you have to keep in mind with this pickup is that it is dimarzio's highest output pickup they make. so there will be some feedback and prolly a little more than u would generally expect. however, it quite possibly is a grounding issue (i also had that issue). if you cant figure out how to fix it urself then you should probably just try and find some cash to have it looked at
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
The includes the bridge.

I thought about bad grounding, but the ground from the pickup, the negative and the cable from the bridge are soldered to the output jacks negative.

If it gets quieter when you touch the bridge, then you need to check the ground wire coming from the bridge closer.
You said the wire coming from the bridge is soldered to the output jack ground.
What about the other end of it?
Check with multimeter/ohmmeter.
The Bridge shielding cable is fine

This guitar is cursed!

I don really know what i'm dealing with here.
I just tried another pickup, The old one from my ibanez ( Ibanez Duncan HB103B) and it has exactly the same noise as the x2n.
It does not have any switches, pots, just the pickup and the output jack.
Also i have tried with different output jack.

I don't even know what could cause this noise.

I have made a few guitar's electronics but newer encountered anything like this (and i never had to shield a humbucker guitar)