Hi there guys,

Bought an Ibanez rg 321 yesterday off ebay, the seller saying how it was in perfect condition. This was not the case, as the metal pickup rings are pretty corroded, the bridge is also not looking cosmetically ideal because of corrosion (Not rust though).

I'm thinking of ways how to fix these problems inexpensively because I can't be assed to hassle with returning it and like a bit of a challenge. Would it be okay to paint the pickup rings black? Could someone give a brief step by step? Is there anything inexpensive I can do to improve the looks of the bridge?

Thanks. Will post photos tomorrow if needed and appreciate the help
well, you could just buy new hardware from Ibanez, or you could try to clean it up. Usually, using some # 0000 steel wool will take care of corrosion and surface rust. Also a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol works wonders. You might also want to try some steam cleaning.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
^totally, steel wool works for every metal need. But don't go over board, I mean unless you wanna be totally bad ass like me and not have any chrome/gold on your hardware. But painting the rings is pretty simple. It's called...... Wait fir it..... Spray paint.
Quote by LZRocker
......But painting the rings is pretty simple. It's called...... Wait fir it..... Spray paint.

remember to use a primer too.
Try using steel wool, a wire brush, or #7447 Scotch Brite pads. Disassemble all parts and do them all individually. For protection, use a good spray paint, or if you like the natural look, Krylon Matte finish.