Anybody know how to use the program called GIMP? It's basically a free knock off version of Photoshop. I'm trying to make a flier for my bands show cuz the venue wants one. My problem is that I found this decent black/grey background I wanna use but when I copy and paste the band logos and the venue logo onto that background it makes everything black and white which I don't want.
Last edited by anthsband at Jun 3, 2011,
I know how to use GIMP, not photoshop.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Quote by -Annihilation-
I know how to use GIMP, not photoshop.

ok tell me how to fix it then haha
Well, what you do is pull the gimp chain harder if it's not doing what you want it to. Sometimes you have to smack it also. That'll do it. Yeah. That'll do it all.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Did you make a new layer(SHIFT+CTRL+N) for the logo?

Or when you want to make the background, start up GIMP, go to File>Open, find the background, new layer then paste the logo. Then save.

I may be wrong.

EDIT: Or I could just do it for you. I'm feeling kinda bored right now.
Quote by Ville Valo

Last edited by -Annihilation- at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by -Annihilation-
Did you make a new layer(SHIFT+CTRL+N) for the logo?

Or when you want to make the background, start up GIMP, go to File>Open, find the background, new layer then paste the logo. Then save.

I may be wrong.

EDIT: Or I could just do it for you. I'm feeling kinda bored right now.

I tried making a new layer and it still makes it black and grey when I past it on there. If you really wanna do it ok haha how would I give you the files?
Quote by anthsband
I tried making a new layer and it still makes it black and grey when I past it on there. If you really wanna do it ok haha how would I give you the files?

The files are just a bunch of pictures, right? Post them here, and I'll save them and work on it. But I need to know, how big do you want the flier (in 'X' pixels by 'X' pixels)? How do you want everything positioned ( venue at the bottom, logo at the top?). I'll see if I can get it working right.
Quote by Ville Valo

ok I'll try. I've never posted pics on a thread before. About the flier though - I guess like 800x600 would be fine. Put the venue (The Smiling Moose) near the top and the band logos on the bottom. Leave me some space so I can play with the text information about the show. i'm just shootin for something simple.

*the background picture was too big to upload I guess? so heres a link to it
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm125/japarisi/Backgrounds/black.jpg

*ok wtf I can't upload the logos either. sorry idk what I'm doing haha
Ah, I see what you're talking about now. When I try to paste the logos, it does turn black and white. I'll see if I can fix it.
Quote by Ville Valo

Quote by -Annihilation-
Ah, I see what you're talking about now. When I try to paste the logos, it does turn black and white. I'll see if I can fix it.

cool man. thanks a lot
Done!

Is that what you wanted? If so, let me know if you need any more help.
Quote by Ville Valo

The image was probably in Grayscale. You sometimes have to change pictures from grayscale to RGB.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.