Hey guys, I've been getting into using VSTi guitars (Poulin & TSE) and i was wondering what you fellows would advise for:
a) getting a dynamic\punchy metal tone?
b) getting a clean ambient tone?
c) what impulses you guys use?

So far i've mostly used a gate into TSS and then the X30 followed by poulin's lecab.

IR's i've got are:
Guitarhack's 5150 + Mesa (thats it isnt it? i kinda forgotten whose it was)
This random assortment i found with a ton of amps, like an Vader, a 5150, a bunch of marshalls and whatnot
God's Cab.

What ones do you reckon I should look into?

And finally, I've read that some IR's are only static, but others are something else ((dynamic or active or something?), whats that mean?

Thankyou in advance for any responses
Everything owes its existence solely and completely to sound.

Sound is the factor which holds it together.
I use TSE X50 for almost all my heavier tones
Poulin LeXTAC or Hybrit for cleans
I use the GuitarHack Impulses...not sure if its a pack normally, but I found it on a forum...I mainly use the JJ Powertube Impulses inside that pack.
Quote by FireHawk
I use TSE X50 for almost all my heavier tones
Poulin LeXTAC or Hybrit for cleans
I use the GuitarHack Impulses...not sure if its a pack normally, but I found it on a forum...I mainly use the JJ Powertube Impulses inside that pack.

I used the TSE X50 for the cover in my sig. I love it, but I find it to be kind of too smooth and scooped sometimes. Also depends on the impulses.

I also love LePou's LeCto. Especially the vintage mode. And Juicy77 is pretty good but you really need to boost it.

As for clean, I usually use Guitar Rig's plexi or AC30 model.

See if you can find Sperimental's Impulse pack. They're great.