Bought this today. It has some buckle scratch. I payed full price, as all I saw was one scratch. At home, I saw a lot more. And the pickguard screws are rusted. I payed $280. Squier Vintage Modified P Bass. Should I not have payed that much? This was at GC.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
Well I got a case, he took of 50 cause we saw them on sale in another store. How much do I need to get back?
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Quote by jakesc8
Well I got a case, he took of 50 cause we saw them on sale in another store. How much do I need to get back?

i dunno i sometimes get free picks and strings with my guitars guy usually get them if you ask at least
btw you got a free case and 50 bucks off thats cool
no, I got 50 off the case.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

money spent. just play
"Yes, we do sell out, every single time, everywhere we play." -Jason Newsted

#1 member of the "UG kids are a bunch of retards club" dont PM me
The cheapest shop where I can find this (in Europe) charges 436 dollars. I would say you got a pretty good deal out of it.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
I agree with Deth2Emo. quite your complaining and make some noise. write a song about it, who knows it might not suck too bad.
When did harry potter get a signature guitar?

Gear:

Peavey Raptor
Fender Squire Strat
Peavey Audition Trans-tube Amp
Zoom G1 Pedal
Cort M600
In most guitarshops in the uk the guitars are fairly priced, but then again we're not talking about chains here, but small independent shops which are the majority of gutiarshops. If you didn't like the price to begin with you shouldn't of bought it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
You probably could have gotten the salesman to knock a few bucks off, or you could have asked if they had any brand-new-in-the-box ones in the back (and with Squier, they usually will).

It sounds like you got caught up in the excitement of getting a new bass and jumped the gun on the floor model. Remember if you're willing to pay full price, see if they have new stock in the back or have them order in a new one. And if you're going used or for the floor model, give it a thorough inspection before you start talking price.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
you have 30 days to return it for any reason, just go back and say you're not satisfied and want a different one. Not all of us here have so much money or fiscal irresponsibility to just accept loses when we don't have to...
Personally, I would never drop full price on a floor model (then again, I wouldn't pay full price on anything). The $50 off the case probably sounded cool, but that sounds more like a price-matching point rather than haggling over the condition of the bass.

If you're truly happy with that individual bass, flaws and all, then you should feel like you made a good purchase.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Hay Jake,

Good advice given.

You could return it.

I always want the floor model, if I like it.

When I found my VM, I wanted the one
I was playing because I could get a bad
one out of the box and then have to
contend with customer service and mailing
the bass back and forth. (that's awful)

It's the same reason I don't buy a bass
on the internet.

Nothing worse than opening your brand
new expensive piece of junk,

Tabdog
I prefer the floor models granted it passes my standards. That is a awesome guitar you got. I payed $330 for a used MIM J and wish I would just gotten a CB or VM Squier. (imo, Squiers have better quality control than most MIM's and feel better in my hands)
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS