Sup guys, I've been searching for a new guitar, but I can't really find anything that fits the specs I need. Halp?

7 strings
EMG (preferably 707s or 81/707)
solid bridge - a must
shape: Explorer, V, Xiphos, RR, stealth etc. (due to the cut off for the right hand). No round bodies like LP, SG, etc.
no full-mahogany guitars - too heavy :/

also:
Guitar which I could order in Europe.
not trolling, actually been wondering this for a while. And you have a fresh new thread so why not. Why would you want an extra string? In my region or w/e (St Louis=blues and shit) I have honestly never heard or seen this until I hopped on UG. What do you tune too? Wudnt drop tuning acheive the same thing?

Sorry, I could make a thread i know, just thought I would get direct and ask some one who wants one why.

Again, not trolling, simply curious, And i know how scales and tones blah blah work. Again just curious.
I think you should look through Dean and DBZ guitars, maybe Ibanez.
Quote by treysonpwaters
not trolling, actually been wondering this for a while. And you have a fresh new thread so why not. Why would you want an extra string? In my region or w/e (St Louis=blues and shit) I have honestly never heard or seen this until I hopped on UG. What do you tune too? Wudnt drop tuning acheive the same thing?

Sorry, I could make a thread i know, just thought I would get direct and ask some one who wants one why.

Again, not trolling, simply curious, And i know how scales and tones blah blah work. Again just curious.

It allows for larger chords, you tune the high end up or tune the low end down, also they genrally work better for low tunings with a longer scale length. Also tuning down on a 6 string leaves you with less high notes at the other end, 7 strings just extends what you can physically play (they're also quite common in jazz aswell)

And in answer to op i'd say look at ibanez rg 7 strings or look at gibsons 7 string explorer ( i know it's all mahogany but apart from that it fits everything)
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
that explorer 7 string is 3339 dollars, i dont know what his budget is but this would be very much
Last edited by Leon987 at Jun 4, 2011,
Quote by !-twisty-!
It allows for larger chords, you tune the high end up or tune the low end down, also they genrally work better for low tunings with a longer scale length. Also tuning down on a 6 string leaves you with less high notes at the other end, 7 strings just extends what you can physically play (they're also quite common in jazz aswell)

And in answer to op i'd say look at ibanez rg 7 strings or look at gibsons 7 string explorer ( i know it's all mahogany but apart from that it fits everything)

ha dang..you just mind f-ed me with trying to think of chord positions lol .
almost a different instrument.
Thanks rly....youtube time lol

and sorry for the OT post...shecter maybe? not sure on the quality or opinion in that regards, but that is the only manufacture I know that makes them.
Last edited by treysonpwaters at Jun 4, 2011,
Ibanez - I have got a Xiphos 7 string, but... it's not really worth the 1000$ I paid for it. Bad fret work, HORRIBLE neckdive, plus this shit is the heaviest guitar I've ever played. Not comfortable. It's a pain to play it. (although its sound is beautiful)

Dean - I know there's one Razorback 7, but it has a floyd. And I've heard horrible stories about this guitar. It's apparently 100 times worse than the Xiphos.

Gibson explorer 7 string - horribly overpriced...

my budget is around 1000$ - 1300$

I tried RGs too, but as I said - I must have something with a different shape. Not because of the looks, but because I can't bend my right arm(which is not fully operative) over the body (I hold my guitar really high)
Shecter makes good 7 strings, most of them are in a Strattish body shape, they make a few V style ones, go look them up on the Shecter Website.
They start at around $540 dollars here in Australia, and the decent ones wouldnt be much more than $1000, well within your rather massive budget.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Shecter makes good 7 strings, most of them are in a Strattish body shape, they make a few V style ones, go look them up on the Shecter Website.
They start at around $540 dollars here in Australia, and the decent ones wouldnt be much more than $1000, well within your rather massive budget.

I see no V-style Schecter 7 string on their site...

also, I checked out the DBZ guitars. Won't work out for me - they have a floyd. Plus, they're ugly, lol.
Finding a 7 string V is next to impossible, only ones I've seen are the ESP Hex-7 (Nergal signature) and a Gibson 7 string flying V. I'd suggest you perhaps expand your search to superstrats or similiar, that's most likely to get you a hardtail.
BC Rich have a 7 string V...

you could also look at the Ibanez Xiphos 7 string
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Guys, please read the thread before posting.

I HAVE A 7 STRING XIPHOS RIGHT NOW
but it's heavy as shit, not balanced, and the fretwork is bad so it's not in tune in certain positions, plus it needs some work in the electronics.

NO FLOYD

NO SUPERSTRAT, LP, SG, RG, etc. shapes. Why? My right arm is not fully operative and I cannot bend my arm over the body. Like, plaing an acoustic guitar is IMPOSSIBLE for me. I must have something with a cut edge.

Help.
Quote by Sharkuzzi
I see no V-style Schecter 7 string on their site...

also, I checked out the DBZ guitars. Won't work out for me - they have a floyd. Plus, they're ugly, lol.

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-DIAMOND-SERIES-DCGL-Special-Run-V-7-Vintage-Yellow-Korina-7-String-Electric-Guitar--P2659C402.aspx
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2009-DIAMOND-SERIES-Ltd-Edition-HELLRAISER-V-7-Black-Cherry-Limited-7-String-Electric-Guitar--P2699C402.aspx

I'm not sure of the wood - may be mahoghany. I think Schecter may have discontinued their line of 7 string V's.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Agile up in this bitch.

the floyds are very good, neckthrough, emg's, ebony fingerboards, oh baby.

www.rondomusic.com

Sure they are always suggested, but they are suggested for a reason, great value.

I guess they are superstrat type, so I suppose you're not cool with that.

Look at the BC RICH Stealth 7 string, and the BC RICH JR. V. 7 string. Original floyd too, I suppose you could block it if you wanted though.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Jun 4, 2011,
Quote by Sharkuzzi

NO SUPERSTRAT, LP, SG, RG, etc. shapes. Why? My right arm is not fully operative \
Help.

Wait, how do you??? Nevermind...
If you happen to be in the US, give Rondomusic a try. I know you said you don't want superstrat or whatever, so there's a few V's there if I remember right. Called the "Reaper" model I think.

Just check it out. Your requirements are pretty hard to fill
Quote by Ippon

Beautiful, but kinda pricey, dontcha think?

Those schecter Vs are your best bet at the moment. Or there is the ESP Hex-7 Nergal

Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by Sharkuzzi

I HAVE A 7 STRING XIPHOS RIGHT NOW
but it's heavy as shit, not balanced, and the fretwork is bad so it's not in tune in certain positions, plus it needs some work in the electronics.

NO FLOYD

NO SUPERSTRAT, LP, SG, RG, etc. shapes. Why? My right arm is not fully operative and I cannot bend my arm over the body. Like, plaing an acoustic guitar is IMPOSSIBLE for me. I must have something with a cut edge.

Help.

I don't see how the V/Superstrats are handled differently, just know that you want something very specific but aren't willing to pay the price, it'll be hard to get something you like because of obscure requirements
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Ran Guitars - my friend wrote several times to them, but he didn't get any response. They basically don't care about normal(not famous) guitar players now.

Schecter V-7 Hellraiser - good price, seems to be perfect for me, but I can't find any shop in the EU that sells these. :/