I like it quite a bit, having never used Reaper you really made me want to check the software out. How long did it take you to orchestrate something this nice?
Quote by durham1984
I like it quite a bit, having never used Reaper you really made me want to check the software out. How long did it take you to orchestrate something this nice?

Thank you, Reaper is a great program. All of this was made from free VSTi's, save for Steven Slate Drums. The hardest part was programming the drums. The whole thing took me about a weekend, maybe a bit more.
Very cool, you definitely got the psychadelic feel out of it, I will have to try Reaper out.
Looking forward to listening to some more cool stuff from you.

EDIT: One thing I was thinking about though when listening to the song, it seems a bit busy which takes away a bit from the overall psychedelia feel of it in certain parts. You know what I'm getting at? That's likely just personal preference though no disrespect cause I dig it man
Last edited by durham1984 at Jun 4, 2011,
I actually liked that a lot, it was very relaxing and peaceful, while still making you think about things. It reminded me a lot of Pink Floyd, since they seem to do what you did a lot.

I'd get guitars in there somehow, needs em. Prolly an acoustic or something.

I don't listen to much psychedelic music so I can't really crit on it further.

Thanks for the crit btw
i liked the vibe but damn was this crying out for a tasty guitar soling in certain spots. seemed a bit long as it kind of meanders in parts. you need to invest in an interface so you can add some real guitars.

my latest is The Land Unknown found in my profile
Quote by ethan_hanus
I actually liked that a lot, it was very relaxing and peaceful, while still making you think about things. It reminded me a lot of Pink Floyd, since they seem to do what you did a lot.

I'd get guitars in there somehow, needs em. Prolly an acoustic or something.

I don't listen to much psychedelic music so I can't really crit on it further.

Thanks for the crit btw

Thank you, being compared to Pink is definitely a good song. yeah this song goes along more with the atmospheric pink floyd type of psychedelia.

Quote by monwobobbo
i liked the vibe but damn was this crying out for a tasty guitar soling in certain spots. seemed a bit long as it kind of meanders in parts. you need to invest in an interface so you can add some real guitars.

my latest is The Land Unknown found in my profile

i agree, it definitely needs more, i will get an interface soon and record some guitars then repost. thanks for the crit though.

Quote by aaron aardvark
Tame Impala,
I once owned a '66 Impala long ago. Reminds me a bit of Pink Floyd, especially the organ. Could use some vocals. Could use some lead guitar or synth. Good for zoning out though. Drums are good. Ending is abrupt. Good song. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446711

thank you for the crit, and yeah i know abrupt ending that's because i'm not done with it yet. haha i never finished.