Page 1 of 2
He walks over to my room as I'm getting ready for bed and starts meowing over and over again. I let him lead me to where he wants to go, and he walks up to his food bowl. His full food bowl. He stands there and meows and nudges it with his nose. I pick it up, shake the food around and put it back down, and he starts eating like he's never seen a goddamn bowl of Purina Deli-Cat before. He does this every night. Solutions?
Quote by TheChaz
Solutions?

Ignore him, he'll eat soon enough, when he's hungry.
Your cat wants to mate TS. This happens a lot actually. Simply satisfy your cats needs and maybe some of your own.
My cat does that every time like it can't find the bowl that's been in the same place his whole life.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

He's just showing you all the food he's got and he wants to share it with you because he loves you. How do you feel now, dick?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by 3-R4Z0R
Ignore him, he'll eat soon enough, when he's hungry.

He won't. He'll keep meowing by my door until I shake his food bowl or put him outside. I've tried ignoring him and he's stayed outside my door meowing for about an hour before I gave up. I do not have the patience of a rock.
Quote by stratkat
Sounds like a cry for attention, put it outside.

He hates attention. He'll walk away if you try to pet him or give him attention. He only interacts with anyone when he wants food or wants to go outside/come inside. I do notice you have "kat" in your name though. Are you a cat or perhaps a cat psychologist?
Quote by GoxGetterxGuy
Your cat wants to mate TS. This happens a lot actually. Simply satisfy your cats needs and maybe some of your own.

Gox, quit being so fucked up.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
He's peed in his own food and he wants you to taste it. Obvious troll cat is obvious. But you don't let him troll you.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Maybe he likes the sound of food being shaken.

Or this

Quote by Kensai
He's just showing you all the food he's got and he wants to share it with you because he loves you. How do you feel now, dick?
cat
Quote by Tentonics
My friends cat does this. Be happy you have a cat!

As does mine.

Except most of the time he wont eat it.
I don't know what to do.

I mean he eats, but when you pour him food because he seems like he's hungry, he just never eats it. It's like he waits until I walk away or something.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
maybe he's got OCD.

Hahaahaha come on theres no way that cat has an obsessive compulsive drive!...
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.
Quote by Ignite
As does mine.

Except most of the time he wont eat it.
I don't know what to do.

I mean he eats, but when you pour him food because he seems like he's hungry, he just never eats it. It's like he waits until I walk away or something.

Cats like to eat in privacy, and it's better not to give them too much food either, they won't eat as much. Probably because if they know it's avaliable all the time they'll just chillax and do cat stuff instead of eating it all. Plus it'll be fresher.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Throw the food out and see what he does.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
You're the idiot. While he plays the 'I'm retarded' card and leads you into the kitchen, all his kitty friends go inside your room and eat all your shit and move around your collectables and rub their asses on your carpet.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
You're the idiot. While he plays the 'I'm retarded' card and leads you into the kitchen, all his kitty friends go inside your room and eat all your shit and move around your collectables and rub their asses on your carpet.

Sounds more like my dog... the bitch.
Quote by TheChaz
Sounds more like my dog... the bitch.

They're both doing it to you. Open your eyes, man.

Has your carpet been smelling like ass lately?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Just keep doing what you're doing, cat gets food and it's not like it takes that much out of your life.

My cat would do the same thing occassionally, look at her food for ages then walk off, so I'd pretend to put more down and she'd follow me and then eat all of it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Cats like fresh food, not food that's been out all day. My cat would turn her nose up at food left out even if she was hungry.

He's probably asking you for fresh food and when you shake it around you're tricking him into thinking you got him some more out of the box
Cats don't need a reason, they're god damned cats.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by laid-to-waste

And steal/eat guitar picks.

Cats are pick gnomes!

Look out.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Cats like fresh food, not food that's been out all day. My cat would turn her nose up at food left out even if she was hungry.

He's probably asking you for fresh food and when you shake it around you're tricking him into thinking you got him some more out of the box

^This. Either you ignore it until it learns that old food is better than no food, or you continue to be your cat's bitch until one of you dies.

Edit: Or, before you go to bed, you can take his food bowl, dump it back in the bag/box that it came from, and refill the bowl.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
^ That's close to right on, but really no need to dump it out, just get the cat's attention by his food bowl before you go to bed, do the shake thing and put it back down. He's gotten his attention at his bowl, and you should be able to head off to bed peacefully. Maybe. If you're lucky.
My cat used to do this, he'd eat a tiny bit of his food then just look at it like there wasn't any left in the bowl, but when I picked it up and put it back down on the floor he went apeshit crazy and gobbled the stuff up. Cats can be a little dumb sometimes.

Quote by mistress_ibanez
Cats like fresh food, not food that's been out all day.

Yeah but weirdly, my cat always used to prefer old rainwater that was outside (like in a bucket or something) than the fresh, clean water we put by his bowl. I think they trust the rainwater or something, like they can smell chemicals in the tap water that they don't quite trust
Quote by Don_Humpador
My cat used to do this, he'd eat a tiny bit of his food then just look at it like there wasn't any left in the bowl, but when I picked it up and put it back down on the floor he went apeshit crazy and gobbled the stuff up. Cats can be a little dumb sometimes.

Yeah but weirdly, my cat always used to prefer old rainwater that was outside (like in a bucket or something) than the fresh, clean water we put by his bowl. I think they trust the rainwater or something, like they can smell chemicals in the tap water that they don't quite trust

both statements very true. i used to leave my cats water out in a pitcher for a couple days so that the tapwater gets "stale" and the chemicals or whatever decay.

OT:dont let your cat push you around TS
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Don_Humpador

Or maybe it just doesn't like the taste.
Your cat's a pussy not an ass, silly.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Cats are the spawn of Satan TS!!!!!!
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by rocknroll radio
Hahaahaha come on theres no way that cat has an obsessive compulsive drive!...

You know the D in OCD stands for disorder right ._.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Page 1 of 2