I stumbled across these by accident this morning. They are a Ukrainian black metal band, that seem to feature former members of Nokturnal Mortum, and various other UBM bands (as is every Ukrainian band it would seem )

They have an album out this year also called Ygg, with very tasty artwork.

It sounds great so far, kind of folky and atmospheric, just a shame I can't really seem to find it anywhere physically.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ygg/3540325435
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0M5hRynpA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vaGYQcfhg
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Oct 29, 2011,
Damn.

Good find Anni. I love Nokturnal Mortum. And Drudkh.

So I'll definitely be trying to find this.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I have the album on my ipod, never really listened to it though. Is it a NM ripoff or do they have their own sound so to speak?
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
I would say they do have their own sound. They don't sound original as such, but there's no one band you could say, oh they are ripping them of, and in taking the influence they almost make their won sound as a result if that makes sense.

There's bits of Nokturnal Mortum, some khors, some drudkh, some Walknut, some hate forest in there. But I think it all comes together wonderfully well.

If it's on your ipod, you may as well listen, you've nowt to loose.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Aug 18, 2011,
Yeah eh? Sounds good I'll put it on. The intro sounds interesting enough though.

HELLEDIT: it's sounding good so far, the song YGG is reminding me of Drudkh.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Last edited by Helloween4Ever at Aug 18, 2011,
late response, but it was a pretty damn good album. Highlights IMO were tracks 3 and 6.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Glad your liking it.

I think track 6 Ритуал is my favourite on the album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vaGYQcfhg (for those who don't yet have it)

I can dig it. Guitars are pretty rad, not so much of a fan of the vox though.
I should really listen to this. Its on my computer but i just haven't yet apparently. Sounds like I would dig it too.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
eh, the vox remind me of Burzum's HLTO, which were pretty cool IMO.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
The vocals are one of the best parts of this band.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
thats what Im saying. they aren't your everyday BM vocals, but I can see why people wouldnt like them. IMO they almost make the band.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Last edited by Helloween4Ever at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by Helloween4Ever
eh, the vox remind me of Burzum's HLTO, which were pretty cool IMO.

I can see where you're coming from with that. In a way you're right, but they're nowhere near HLTO imo, they sound more like a weak imitation of that album's vocal stylings.
Haha I don't mind the design tbh.

Good band, as mentioned before, what they lack in originality of their sound, they make up in good songs.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I actually quite like that shirt... Gah, I wish all the cool shirts I can find weren't from Europe. I hate the conversion of Euros to USD... and then shipping on top of that...
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
I don't like the fact that it's colored, I don't like how it's squared off, and I don't like the big back print at all.
Oddly enough all of those are things I like about it. Makes it kind of unique, to me. And actually kind of interesting to look at, I think.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Oct 30, 2011,
these vocals sound like a rooster attempting falsettos. Pretty cool.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Born Headless
I don't like the fact that it's colored, I don't like how it's squared off, and I don't like the big back print at all.

In the grand scheme of things it's not that bad, come on now

However now you mention it, I sort of agree with the squaring off. However it's not as bad as the front of my Temnozor shirt
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297857_2215316779105_1133151879_2629176_3129064_n.jpg
awww yeah, The Slater makin moves.

whatchu know bout that lil skinny black dyed hair chick
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
no, that's Charley, she's a good friend, but I have no interest in her other than that of a friend. I think I once insulted her a bit once by saying going out with her would be a bit like being gay. Not because she looks like a man, but cause she's like one of the boys to me.

But that aside, my 6 and a half year relationship has meant I've had no need to make moves for a long time now :p
Interesting music, i definitely get the Drudkh comparison, not so big on the vocals when put to this style though.
outstanding first release for this band. will definitally be grabing a shirt as well!
love the different instruments. cant beilive i havet heard this before.
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Born Headless
I don't like the fact that it's colored

RACITS!!!!

This band is pretty standard Eastern European Black Metal (in the Russian style). It very effectively produces that atmosphere that is so common, and while it has more motion and variation than some of the other bands typical of this style, it still ultimately fails at going beyond that.

I give them an A for 'affort', though.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
I could pretty much ... guess what you were going to say when I saw you'd posted

ZEN YOU KNOW ZE TRUSE!!!!!

Or I'm just predictable because I'm so consistent.