A couple of months ago I decided that I would use this summer to rebuild my iTunes library for naming/sorting purposes. I determined that the easiest way to do this would be to delete all of my music from my computer (since I own 99% of it on CD, I would not have a problem retrieving it) and then put it back on again.

Before doing so, I upgraded to the most recent version of iTunes (10.2.2). After doing so, I started to upload music onto my computer.

As always, iTunes creates its own music folder. However, now it creates a music folder within a music folder... times twenty-two! To illustrate (the website will not format this as I want it to, but imagine folders within folders):

Music
Music
Music
Music
iTunes
Album Artwork
iTunes Media

Any information on why this happens? Any advice on to fix it? It's a total pain in the ass, because this folder is automatically created whenever a new track is played on iTunes. Basically, these multiple music folders create an unorganized cluster-**** and it is driving me crazy.

Thanks.
Quote by So-Cal
heres a simple solution

dont use itunes

Always one jackass...
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
''I know there are a bunch of itunes cleanup softwares out there - try those?''

I used on a few weeks ago, it basically offers you a free 'clean-up' where it finds album artwork and some song names that for some reason itunes cant find. I aloso was trying to neaten up my music, didn't really work :/ just got a few wrong cd covers on the wrong songs and changed correct song names t owrong ones for some reason. I't then asks you to buy the software so it can do all you're songs (on the demo it does like 200 songs). i wouldn't recomend this software. I know this is only one example, but frankly I wouldnt use them :/
Quote by 007dude
Always one jackass...

A jackass with an organised music folder
yo I herd u like musi-...

Oh **** it, it's not funny anymore.

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by So-Cal
heres a simple solution

dont use itunes

I am not opposed to this. What would you recommend?

Quote by sglover34479
Take the innermost folder, move it, delete the now empty stack. Profit?

If only it were that easy. Like I said, iTunes creates this folder EVERY time a new track is played on iTunes.

Yes, I could (and have) tried your recommendation, but I do not feel like doing it whenever I want to get everything organized into one folder (because I know I will continue to add more music eventually).
I've heard Winamp is pretty good, I don't have one devoted player though.

Have you checked through your settings? That's pretty weird, I have no idea why it would do that.
It's not an elegant solution, but, if it always has a set number of sub-folders, you could make a shortcut to the bottom most folder in the directory where the folder SHOULD be.

All you have to do is right click the bottom most folder, click Create Shortcut, Cut and Paste it in the iTunes folder, or wherever you want really.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I would just take the last Music folder before it goes to iTunes, drag it out, then delete all the other folders.
Quote by 007dude
Always one jackass...

Only jackasses think itunes is good
Quote by Duffman123
Only jackasses think itunes is good

Pfft, only jackasses voice their opinions in the form of replies like 7 hours later.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Other than the fact it's Apple, why does iTunes get so much hate?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Vampire 255
Other than the fact it's Apple, why does iTunes get so much hate?

Yeah, I've never understood that. It plays your music as well as anything else. As long as you don't buy from iTunes, you shouldn't have any problems doing anything with your music on it.
Use Amazon instead. It is great if you have a smartphone too. You can downloaded an album directly to it. Plus you can some sweet deals sometimes.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I am not opposed to this. What would you recommend?

Lets see mediamonkey, foobar2000, winamp( its a little cluttered for my tastes but some people like it) hell even windows media player is better than itunes.
Quote by So-Cal
Lets see mediamonkey, foobar2000, winamp( its a little cluttered for my tastes but some people like it) hell even windows media player is better than itunes.

I have to disagree with WMP being better than iTunes. WMP use to crash on me all the time, whereas iTunes rarely crashes on me.

99% of it on CD's really ?
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by 007dude
Pfft, only jackasses voice their opinions in the form of replies like 7 hours later.

Didn't even realise. Damn whoever bumped this

Quote by Conor360
99% of it on CD's really ?

You know, there waz once liek this time, were you had to leik buy music, you get me?

Crazy, crazy times indeed.
Quote by Vampire 255
I have to disagree with WMP being better than iTunes. WMP use to crash on me all the time, whereas iTunes rarely crashes on me.

really!? i use it all the time and never have any problems with it.
Quote by So-Cal

I thought it was too hard to navigate I don't store any music on my computer anymore though so it doesn't matter. I just torrent, put it on my iPod, then delete it.

EDIT: ffffffff nvm was thinking winamp, never had any problems with WMP besides freezing during certain movies/TV shows, VLC does the same.
sunbather is shit
Quote by So-Cal

It's really laggy for me. But I would give a +1 to all your other suggestions.
Quote by beefcake122
I thought it was too hard to navigate I don't store any music on my computer anymore though so it doesn't matter. I just torrent, put it on my iPod, then delete it.

So if you lose your ipod you fucked basically?
Quote by Duffman123
So if you lose your ipod you fucked basically?

lol basically, there's probably only 20-30gb that I'd really care to redownload though, if even that much.
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122
Do you actually have an iPod or is it just for playing your music?

Yes, I do actually have an iPod. Otherwise I probably would not even bother with music on my computer - apart from a number of Phish shows, all of my music is on either CD or vinyl.

So, and I probably should have mentioned this before, to those other suggested media player: are they iPod compatible?

Also, just as a side note, I actually really like iTunes. This is the first issue I have ever had with it (though it is a huge pain in the ass for someone like myself who is obsessed with organization).
Try uninstalling iTunes completely, deleting the iTunes folder then reinstall iTunes and see if it helps?