Hello guys, I've got a question for you:

I've been playing for a bit more than a year and a half now, and I notice that when play on my acoustic or my electric, I often end up with thumb or my index hurt. Nothing serious, most of the time it's just some little scratches or cuts.

So here's my question, is it normal and should wait for my hand to get tougher, or is it just wrong technic ?
Most of the time, I'd scratch my index in fast down struming rythm, and hurt my thumb because of some tricky alternate struming.

Thanks guys.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
yeah I use a pick, but i try to hold it so that only the very tip of it points out (I use some green teardops tortex).

As I said, it' nothing serious, it's probably just that my fingers touch the strings a little bit while struming... But I'd just like to know if I should work on that, or if it's normal.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I ussualy hit the nail of my pointer to the strings while playing, nothing much but after repetative hits its gets very frustrating
a picture of you holding a pick might help. try holding the pick slightly further away from the tip