I have bought a used Vintage v100 a few months ago, It was stringed with D'addario 9's when I bought it, I didnt have that much fret buzz then, and the action was pretty low as well (about 1.5mm) however I didnt play it that much so I didnt feel the need to re-string it, I restringed it with some cheap 10-46's yesterday, but all of the sudden I got a lot of fret buzz across the entire fret board, especially on the D string, I have gradually risen the bridge, and the action now reaches about 2.2-2.3mm but the problem did not go away, the fret buzz is still present across the fretboard, the neck is dead straight, I added a little bit of relief to see if that will help at all, but it made no difference, the frets are not worn at all as the guitar was never played too much. Have you got any suggestions guys?
Gear
Good Old Les Paul
Aria Acoustic
Marshall MG10CD
Laney Linebacker Reverb 100w
Ashown perfect ten 30w
Fleetwood bass
Digitech RP100A
The thicker strings are too close to the fretboard. You need to raise your action at the nut too, methinks.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Raise your action, but don't obsess over it if you're still getting buzz.

It's very hard to find an electric guitar which has absolutely no buzz (with playable action, that is). Some are more buzzy than others, other less - but as long as you can't hear it through your amp it matters not. Afterall, it's an ELECTRIC guitar. It's not meant to sound nice unplugged.

Some of the most expensive guitars I've played have had some fret buzz, including some of my own. It's just one of those things.
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
measure the neck's relief.

fret the 1st fret low E and at the same time, the last fret Low E,
where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, does the string still lay on the middle frets? 7-9th.

if so, you still need more relief.

and like said, buzz that does not transmit thru the amp is generally not considered a problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, I do not mind some buzz, but I can feel it if you know what i mean, when you play like a palm muted-e and u can just feel the buzzing, bloody annoying.
Gear
Good Old Les Paul
Aria Acoustic
Marshall MG10CD
Ashown perfect ten 30w
Fleetwood bass
Digitech RP100A
so take a minute, measure the relief and post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Its ok the distance from the 7th and 9th fret is about 0.5 mm
Gear
Good Old Les Paul
Aria Acoustic
Marshall MG10CD
Ashown perfect ten 30w
Fleetwood bass
Digitech RP100A
you can add a little relief if you want.

1/4 turn counter clockwise.
don't force the turn and
let it setting in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

its weired, cuz I got a tanglewood TSB les paul, and the action is lower, the relief is lower and then I hardly get any buzz
Gear
Good Old Les Paul
Aria Acoustic
Marshall MG10CD
Ashown perfect ten 30w
Fleetwood bass
Digitech RP100A